Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Christmas Traditions (GCC)

Featured Replies

What Christmas traditions do you do? If you are from a large family like I am you might enjoy this, it was tradition to line up the kids Christmas morning from youngest to oldest, this is a poem my brother wrote about it. We also read several books on Christmas eve, The Three Trees, Little Match Girl, Christmas Star. We would also pick out the spot that we wanted Snata to put our stuff. Now that i have my own family we dos some of those and alos making new ones. So what do you do?

Fifth from the Front

By Eric Christensen

Fifth from the front

Fourth from the rear

Anxious to see if Santa’s been here

Wish Dad would hurry

And give the “All Clear!”

‘Cause I’m

Fifth from the front

Fourth from the rear

A Family Tradition

Since beginning of time

Some parents enjoy forcing children to line

From young to the oldest

And it’s really not fair

‘Cause I’m

Fifth from the front

Fourth from the rear

And it’s moments like this

That I really don’t see

Why Mom and Dad didn’t stop after me

Four more kids! Whatta joke!

And the laughing I hear?

Says I’m

Fifth from the front

Fourth from the rear

Oh the glee in their eyes

Mom and Dad almost skip

Torture children with Christmas?

Why, this is better than whips!

Kids shaking and foaming

Equals Holiday cheer

Stuck I’m

Fifth from the front

Fourth from the rear

Now don’t go to thinking

The three oldest are fine

‘Cause the angst only grows

As you go back in line

Man those 5:00 am scowls

Sure are something to fear

Scared I’m

Fifth from the front

Fourth from the rear

And the one consolation

That I take from those days

Isn’t found in a present

It’ll come when I say,

“Never mind whose first, Son,

Your spot’s over here

Now you’re

Fifth from the front

Fourth from the rear”

Yet,

Inspite of the torment

Please don’t miss the thrill

Open each memory, you’ll find that they still

Offer the same love

We felt yesteryear

And remember

Your spot from the front

Your spot from the rear

So,

Even with the long wait

Every Christmas day morn’

To the day that I die

From the day I was born

Better leave my spot open

‘Cause you know I’ll be there

Forever I’m

Fifth from the front

Fourth from the rear

Wishing Every one a Merry Christmas!!!!

That poem is awesome. Back when I was growing up xmas was huge in my house (as my mom became crazy it kind of became a thing of the past) but almost every xmas you could guarantee I'd be sick (pneumonia lol) and my mom would do a ton and ton of baking. You know those giant pickle jars? She used to FILL those with baked goods and line them up on the counter and we'd just eat as we pleased (it's a surprise none of us have diabetes or are severely overweight.) At some point we'd all pile in the car and go look at xmas lights.

  • Author

Yeah my mom also did a ton of cooking as we had a large family, we always had certain foods around christmas, I remember we would also do an advent wreath for the month of Dec. For my family we have a christmas calendar in the shape of a christmas tree that has little doors with the dates, we put candy in each one and read a christmas book each day with the kids.

When my brother and I were young, the week of Christmas would pick a day and go out and check out all of the Christmas lights. Then on Christmas Eve, 24 hours of A Christmas Story stayed on our tv and we had to stay up to watch one full part of it. Then on Christmas morning we would open presents and go to my nan's. Still somewhat do that, just more driving involved, lol. Now, Jason and I exchange gifts on Christma Eve so that Christmas is all about the boys. Oh and each year we pick one new Christmas tree ornament out ourselves.

Very nice poem. It sounds familiar, but maybe it's just the tone. I can't recall any traditions really. Just waking up early on Christmas morning and being surprised by the presents that came from nowhere. It was masterfully pulled off considering it would take me hours to fall asleep Christmas Eve.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.