May 6, 201016 yr comment_7458 OMG... they stuck me back in property for the night and now I remember why I usually kept my nails short when I worked back here. I'm gonna be sooo pissed if I break a nail because of one stupid night working back here. They were growing really well too.Why the heck did I miss this job? They can have it. Report
May 6, 201016 yr Author comment_7465 Police work is HELL Kitty.I don't know if I'd go that far. It sure is heck though. Report
May 6, 201016 yr Author comment_7469 I was thinking, "Yay, I got all the stupid clothes pulled and my nails are intact," but when I took the gloves off the tips are all jacked up from the latex gloves putting pressure on the nail. Dang it! And I still need to pass all the clothes out and they always get stuck coming out of the bag and I have to yank on them. My nails are doomed. And right before my San Diego trip. This totally sucks.See, that's the problem with knowing more than your own job here. At any time they can throw you back into your old job, just long enough to mess up your nails. Okay...that sounds kinda lame. I'm really tired and that's not helping my mood any. I only slept 4 hours today. I feel totally like crying, but I'm not going to. I'm going to be strong. Okay...deep breaths. I can file the tips. As long as I can pass out all of the clothes without messing them up further, it'll be okay.Nobody cares about this thread but me, I'm sure, but it definitely beats freaking out in front of the inmates, so indulge me. Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_7470 Word of warning Kitty: San Diego is too awesome for "just okay nails"... Report
May 6, 201016 yr Author comment_7471 Word of warning Kitty: San Diego is too awesome for "just okay nails"...hee hee I know I'm being silly. I decided to take a quick walk outside to try to calm myself down. I'll feel better after all the federal inmates are dressed and out of my work area. This is the most stressful part of the night in Property. Being hormonal and lacking sleep on top of the stress isn't a good combo. Report
May 6, 201016 yr Author comment_7475 Okay, I'm done. Only one nail got really bad. They all need a serious filing now though. I forgot how physically demanding this job is. I got soft in my cushy new job. That job can be stressful too, but it's not exactly a workout. Oh well...still was able to get everything done at a pretty quick pace.So you can appreciate it, I had 37 people to get dressed and out. First I have to gather all of their clothing and property along with all the people's stuff who aren't dressing out, but just transferring facilities. Then they come in and I tell them to line up. Luckily I alphabetize all the stuff. I see who they are and haul their clothes over and explain how they have to fill out a form to mail their stuff home. They're always reluctant to part with their stuff, but it's trash if they try to take it with them, so I have to stress the importance. Then I have to stop them from milling about and chatting after they're changed and get them into the cell to sign their release paperwork. I have about 20 minutes to get this all done and get them into the room to sign.It's stressful and there's always a couple who try to argue with me. I hate having to call the deputies to deal with them. I was pretty close today, 'cause one guy kept trying to dig through the laundry of all 37 people to find a piece of paper he left in his shirt pocket. Man, he was humongous too. I'm about 5'2", so everybody towers over me, but this guy was way over 6 feet. I finally got him to cooperate by acting like his mom. "It's time to go, so get in that cell RIGHT NOW MISTER." Whatever works. Anyway, it's done now...my nails are still mostly intact. I didn't have to call the deputies to physically remove anyone...and I'm totally exhausted.Thanks for listening. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.