November 29, 201114 yr comment_49073 And the embed code wouldn't work. Go here and watch it. http://www.motherboard.tv/2011/11/9/motherboard-tv-the-thorium-dreamPlease discuss. Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_49086 thorium is a delicous ore second to khorium. found in the eastern and western plaguelands prior to the shattering of azeroth. Lots of it was required to obtain weapons in vanilla such as thunderfurry, blessed blade of the wind seeker and the hand of ragnoras as well. Was good times farming it up Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_49087 thorium is a delicous ore second to khorium. found in the eastern and western plaguelands prior to the shattering of azeroth. Lots of it was required to obtain weapons in vanilla such as thunderfurry, blessed blade of the wind seeker and the hand of ragnoras as well. Was good times farming it upMy brother used to play WoW and ended up using Khorium as his Xbox 360 Gamertag and Steam username lol. Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_49090 This is pretty awesome. Even better that there has been actual lie examples. I would like I know what the technical hurdles that need to be overcome are. Most of the things I tead mentioned it but didnt elaborate. Another good source of info. http://energyfromthorium.com/joomla/ Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_49113 I've heard about Thorium and they raise a lot of good points in that first video. It's all corporate lobbying (They mention GE and others). It's the same thing why we don't have clean CARS as a mass produced item. The oil companies would NEVER allow it as it would cause them to lose huge amounts of profits and eventually become irrelevant as the industry shifted.Just like that U.S. Secretary of Energy dude replied to Al Franken's Thorium question, and I can't quote exactly, but the jist of it was "We already have a system in place that is working, and it would be cost prohibitive to switch to a new fuel source anytime soon.... so yeah.... go f*ck yourself Al, we're using Uranium/Plutonium." Report
November 30, 201114 yr Author comment_49128 Which is a load of nonsense, monetarily. A Thorium based reactor would deplete our stored waste that we're storing miles underground. They're also modular and can be set up anywhere one is needed, for a few million. Can't do that with our current 50's era model. The safety and greenness of Thorium reactors should single handedly make this an instant choice. Bonus points for not being able to weaponize any of its waste or by-products.P.S. That bank bailout could have funded this whole thing. Just saying. Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_49133 P.S. That bank bailout could have funded this whole thing. Just saying.It IS a load of sh*t dude. 7.7 TRILLION dollars would do a lot. We could switch out our reactors AND probably fix most of the nation's infrastructure. I sometimes hate talking/thinking about stuff like this. It makes me so angry and makes me feel so helpless. Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_49138 Thorium? More like borium! Hahahahahahahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W6JgnCFezo Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_49139 I think this video illustrates quite poetically why so many still aren't ready to take that Hybrid/Electric/Bio Diesel/Hydrogen/Fusion/Thorium plunge. The market just isn't there yet, no amount of government subsidy or other monetary incentive will change that until the consumer market trends that way. Report
November 30, 201114 yr Author comment_49142 I'd agree with most of those, but not Thorium. We as a public don't get to dictate which means of electricity we get. If our government wanted to save money down the road, they'd hop on quick. The materials for its use are in our own front yards. It's everywhere. They wouldn't need to make enormous caverns under the earth to store waste from the current reactors. It's win/win all the way. Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_49143 I'd agree with most of those, but not Thorium. We as a public don't get to dictate which means of electricity we get. If our government wanted to save money down the road, they'd hop on quick. The materials for its use are in our own front yards. It's everywhere. They wouldn't need to make enormous caverns under the earth to store waste from the current reactors. It's win/win all the way.I was just playing devil's advocate, but I'm totally with you on this one, it's an absolute necessity. Report
December 1, 201114 yr Author comment_49151 You were looking for any reason to post up a Forza video! lol j/k I know how much you love Forza. Report
February 12, 201214 yr Author comment_53511 http://www.diyhomemadehydroponics.com/homemade-hydroponics/homemade-hydroponics-stone-age-to-thorium-age Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.