Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Amazon's Kindle Fire VS B&N Nook Tablet

Featured Replies

  • Author

Kindle Fire - $199

B&N Nook Tablet - $249

I just cancelled my pre-order for the Kindle Fire. I know that Amazon's eco-system and marketplace is much more robust, and I'm a Prime member so I could watch all the Amazon Prime Instant Movies but a few things about the Nook Tablet have swayed me.

- 16GB internal memory (Fire has 8GB)

- Nook Tablet has a seperate SD slot, to expand an additional 32GB. Having the SD slot also means I may be able to load custom Android OS roms (Like Cyanogenmod) to get full Android, and possible Ice Cream Sandwich OS. (Kindle Fire has no SD slot)

- Nook Tablet has 1GB RAM (Fire has 512mb)

- Nook Tablet has Netflix and Hulu+ preinstalled (Fire relies on Amazon Instant Streaming for Prime members)

Other than that they're practically the same. I don't trust Amazon's "Silk" web browser (I think it collects too much info), and I definitely will miss out on the Amazon Android Marketplace to start out with (hopefully I can root it down the road to get it), but I think I may be happier with the Nook overall in the long run.

What do you guys think? I know Spawn has a rooted Nook and was raving about it a long time ago. *shrugs*

  • Author

Oh yeah, and the Nook Tablet supports the .MKV video file type right out of the box. I pretty much haven't seen many devices offer that like EVER so it will make my life easier not having to always convert to watch on a different device.

Oh yeah, and the Nook Tablet supports the .MKV video file type right out of the box. I pretty much haven't seen many devices offer that like EVER so it will make my life easier not having to always convert to watch on a different device.

Sounds like the Nook is the better of the two then. And MKV support is pretty awesome. A large portion of the videos I watch are that format. Especially animes since it supports multiple video/audio/subtitle streams. It's a pretty good container, but not really supported by much other than PCs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.