Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Another Occupy Oakland protester shot in the face

Featured Replies

Oh, I initially thought this was in addition to Scott Olsen. Damn shame. I'd like to say that although I don't see eye-to-eye with the protesters, it is within their rights and this is an outrage! Having experienced the G-20 riots in Oakland (Pennsylvania) students were told to disperse under threat of force and the authorities used a loudspeaker/sound weapon that was designed for military police on (for the most part) peaceful students.

  • Author

This video in this thread is another protestor who was shot in the face. This time it was a rubber bullet instead of a canister of tear gas.

Pisses me off that he asks if he's far enough away to film and no one answered. It's clear these officers have anger issues and should not be wielding firearms.

Very true. During the g-20 protests, a girl (who was walking home apparently) was obtained and handcuffed with plastic handcuffs that cut off her circulation to parts of her hand. She asked police to loosen it but they refused to help. She apparently lost use of one of her thumbs due to the incident. Mind you, I don't have an alibi for this story (somebody told me). I was actually behind the police barricade at one point that night (by accident) and I'm lucky they didn't beat me. Had I showed up a half hour later in the same place, I know I definitely would have been arrested.

  • Author

I believe it. When I was 18 and got arrested, they put on the cuffs and didn't engage the restrictor lock. He (cop) had me with two others in the back of his police car for almost two hours with the heat on full. This was the middle of Summer and when we finally got our cuffs off and into the bull pens, our wrists had indentations from the cuffs binding too tight. It's odd, too. I don't know if it's the makeup of the cuff's alloys or what, but it makes your skin around the indentations, yellow. The next morning, all three of us still had marks and discoloration on our wrists. I guess that happens if you sit on your wrists for two hours.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.