November 4, 201114 yr comment_47627 Cory Smoot, guitarist for the insanely weird metal band GWAR who's stage name was Flattus Maximus, was found dead on their tourbus yesterday. No cause of death has been given at this time.GWAR is currently on tour in North America and they were about to cross over into Canada when Cory was found unresponsive and dead on the tour bus. He's been with the band since about 2002 I think and was actually a pretty great guitarist.RIP dude. Keep rocking in the sky bro. Report
November 8, 201114 yr comment_47788 Yeah, Maximus was a hell of a guitarist, kind of changes the dynamic of the band now. He was their lead and a big part of the newer albums production side. Bummed I didn't go see them this year now. Gwar is out there, but those guys are all really talented and so far as metal bands go, I've always dug them. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.