November 2, 201114 yr comment_47482 This video may upset some, so I've hidden it behind a spoiler button. It's a dad (also a judge) out of control whipping on his 16 year old daughter. Is it too far? Was there a time in the confrontation when it wasn't too far? How would you have punished your daughter for downloading games/music illegally? Should he still be a judge? Should his daughter have put this on the internet? Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47487 I saw the first one this morning and yea he went to far. He was probably extremely pissed off because he is a judge and she is doing something illegal, and another reason she just wouldn't take the lick. I'm all for butt whoopings but he AND his wife took it to far and should be charged. As for the second video I'm not to knowledgeable on pigeon shooting but it sounds like same thing as shooting quail so if the guy is just some nut job animal rights activist then fuckem he got whats coming to him. He is the same as paparazzi to me, I'd be pissed to if I came from my hunting camp and some douche was taking my picture I'd probably smack him too. With that said the clip it did show of pigeon shooting didn't seem that fair for the bird and not much like hunting so if that is the case then I see why he is doing what he does I suppose but how many pictures does he need it seems a bit like harassment to me when he could do a lot more productively by trying to get it outlawed. Report
November 2, 201114 yr Author comment_47489 It's canned hunting. They release the birds from a cage and they're shot as soon as they fly upwards. It shouldn't even be called hunting. Skeet traps are more difficult to shoot than a canned pigeon.I think they have a right to assemble off of the grounds and bring attention to these lame hunters. If they're proud of what they do, they should have no problems with having their picture taken. I don't think they are, though. Why else would they pull guns, run them over and assault them. They know they're wrong in what they're doing. Animal cruelty is illegal everywhere. Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47491 Not neccesarily, even if I'm in the right about something I don't want someone taking my picture. It doesn't mean t hey feel they are wrong. I had someone take my picture when I was at the lake she road by snapping pictures of me on my jet ski and I got pissed off and told her to delete them, I don't want some strange person taking my photo. But the canned hunting as you called it I don't agree with. Report
November 2, 201114 yr Author comment_47492 You didn't resort to violence, right? These guys have. It's my opinion that they don't want to be photographed anywhere near that illegal activity. Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47494 That first one was horrible. There are many other ways to punish a 16 year old for illegally downloading stuff, rather than beating her. I don't that that sort of thing at all, really. All that will achieve (to a 16 year old, especially) is fear and resentment towards her parents. Terrible stuff. Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47500 Completely agree Title. When I have kids, I think it's important to be a disciplinarian based on incentives and what punishments will actually accomplish, maybe paddling a 6 year old lightly will get a point accross but what will that accomplish for a near grown adult? Prob just a fear and resentment of your parents. I think being honest about issues, letting them know the consequences and targeting stuff that truly matters in their world (cell phone, computer, ect) is more of a way to curb behavior than a whipping. As a parent you should punish them with a caring aditude, not with anger. All that girl prob learned from this "punishment" was fear of her parents and to hide stuff from them, not change her behavior. Is that the solution you want? I think not... Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47501 EX: If I was her parent, I'd prob just nicely walk in her room, calmly close her lap top/unplug her computer and say "I'm disappointed in your behavior, until you can prove to me you can use a computer responsibly I'll be keeping this, no ands, ifs or buts". At that point she knows what she did was wrong, I'm not going to waste her and my time with pointless arguing and I've directly targeted and eliminated the problem.EDIT: Also, after watching that video, I really hate it when parents, including mine, start playing the "you're not worthy to live here", "you're worthless", ect types of degrading comments. Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47502 Also, pardon the triple post, but all that my parents, specifically my Mom's, harsh disciplinarian action has taught me is to keep my problems to myself because I don't want to deal with the pain and agony of harsh fights and put downs I'll receive which is horrible. I've failed classes at school and have had numerous of problems my parents could've helped me with that I don't share with them specifically for that reason. When I have kids and they have a problem, I want the first thought in their head to be "my Dad can help me with this", not "****, I can't tell my Dad this". Report
November 2, 201114 yr Author comment_47503 That's exactly why my son comes to me with certain problems, rather than his mom. She just spazzes out and finds a way to blame him. Almost as if it were a nuisance or waste of time. She got what she wanted, though. He doesn't come to her anymore and she doesn't have to worry about her role in any of it. Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47505 I won't watch the video of the judge, but anybody who beats their children should be force fed their reproductive organs so that they cannot have anymore children. No child deserves to be beaten. It's horrible what the kind of treatment can do to mentally to not only the child, but when they get older. You just kind of shut yourself emotionally to a certain extent. Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47508 You didn't resort to violence, right? These guys have. It's my opinion that they don't want to be photographed anywhere near that illegal activity.Just saying my opinion just because I dont want my picture taken doesnt mean I did anything wrong, and no I didnt get violent but if it was a constant thing im sure I would have. And it is illegal? if its illegal then yea they are doing something wrong but I dont know if it is illegal or not. Report
November 2, 201114 yr Author comment_47509 I get you. I don't like having my picture taken, either. Absolutely hate it. If it's in the public realm, though, there's not much I can do. They're in the public realm. What's more interesting than that, though, is this...Under Pennsylvania law, non-profit humane societies and associations for the prevention of cruelty to animals, have authority to "initiate criminal proceedings" for violations of the state animal cruelty law just like any police officer. 18 PA. C.S. Section 5511(i) Agents of these non-profits have authority to obtain search warrants and injunctions and also seize animals or obtain their forfeiture or surrender. With the approval of a county district attorney, the non-profit can be represented by an attorney in these proceedings. Report
November 2, 201114 yr comment_47523 Also, pardon the triple post, but all that my parents, specifically my Mom's, harsh disciplinarian action has taught me is to keep my problems to myself because I don't want to deal with the pain and agony of harsh fights and put downs I'll receive which is horrible. I've failed classes at school and have had numerous of problems my parents could've helped me with that I don't share with them specifically for that reason. When I have kids and they have a problem, I want the first thought in their head to be "my Dad can help me with this", not "****, I can't tell my Dad this".I pretty much agree with this. I keep most things technological related to myself because "computers are a waste of time" lol. Having ADHD and aspergers, I sort of gravitate towards technology and the internet more than going out. Report
November 2, 201114 yr Author comment_47525 This judge spoke out today and this is what he said... Judge Adams told us, "It happened years ago.. I apologized." When asked if he thought the conduct in the video was excessive, Judge Adams said, "It's not as bad as it looks on tape." Judge Adams also informed us he has already contacted the Judicial Review in Austin and "more will come out" during the investigation.http://gawker.com/5855664/judge-abuse-of-disabled-daughter-not-as-bad-as-it-looks-on-tape Report
November 3, 201114 yr comment_47556 Way too far for sure, and I grew up getting whipped. The whipping was bad, but I think I cringed more at the dialogue. The mom is obviously pushing the father's rage on the daughter by making her take all the blame. "It was her decision to have a computer and yes it has caused us nothing but problems" I mean what the hell? As the article above says they are now divorced and it was apparent then that the guy was probably abusive to both of them. Then of course you have him telling the daughter how worthless she is and how she shouldn't even live under this roof. There's no structure to that discipline at all. The video starts with the mom saying she already whipped her. Then the dad comes in raging and does some more, then the mom again, then the dad just goes apeshit.That's not how you teach discipline. Corporal punishment is an effective discipline tool when it's structured. That was a father taking his rage out on his daughter. Lucky for him she's just now showing it. And screw his half ass statement. It was as bad as it seems.OH, and just love this:"Adams won't be returning anytime soon. according to County Judge Mills, he's volunteered to take paid leave until the State Commission on Judicial Conduct reviews the case." Report
November 3, 201114 yr comment_47559 The first video makes me want to punch a hole threw my wall, this f•••Ing c••• should be locked up! I went through the same excessive bulls••t when I was a kid and can not stand seeing children go through this garbage! Regardless of what the girl had done, she's still a child. And him beating her for a good 4 mins is far to much.A man of the law should be held to a higher standard, therefore should face harsher penalties. That said, he's scum and so is the mother for condoning it... Report
November 3, 201114 yr comment_47562 Did you guys know that the girl has ataxic cerebral palsy? How in the f*** can you look at your disabled daughter and do that and still call yourself a father and a man? He is neither. Report
November 3, 201114 yr comment_47575 <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIilPRQmzvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.