Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

The Next Xbox Might Be Closer Than You Think

Featured Replies

Last week a pair of quick eyes spied an “Xbox 720″ logo in the trailer for the movie based on a 1956 short story, ”Real Steel” causing rumors to run rampent on the internet regarding the next Xbox since Microsoft had to plunk down a pretty penny to get that advertisement to appear in the movie.  As more news is surfacing regarding Microsoft’s new supposed console, many are now wondering the console may already be in development.

According to Gamezone, several Microsoft employees LinkedIn profiles changed at the beginning of 2011 to reflect working on a new console and a new entertainment experience.

  • Jeff Faulkner ~ “Xbox Next Gen Creative Designer” since January 2011.  “Guides the vision for Xbox’s User Experience Design across Social Media, User Experience, Entertainment, Gesture and Voice Input, Information Design and Brand and Visual Design”.
  • Jonathan Harris ~ “Senior Creative Director for Xbox”.  According Gamezone he has been designing the next generation of entertainment since September of 2010.

The descriptions for the other employees including Microsoft staff working on Xbox hardware and advertising for the next gen Xbox have also changed.  Are the job descriptions, profile changes, and the advertising for the Xbox 720 in a movie set in 2020 just a mere coincidence or is the next generation Xbox on the horizon?

via Gamezone and Tom’s Guide

 



View the full article

Honestly I hope it will be a long time.

I agree. I wouldn't want to have to spend money on a new version of something that is still going strong, unless there are huge improvements (like antialiasing on consoles). Either way it would be a long time until I got it since I'm just a PC convert now lol.

I saw Real Steel and the logo was in it during a couple pans around the final big boxing arena, but it could just be Xbox advertising, and changing the name to fit in with the futuristic setting. It takes place a decade in the future, so the Xbox 360 would definitely be outdated by then.

I have no doubt that the new Xbox is already in planning stages and possibly at the beginning of the development. Way too many employees now working on the next generation console. Not to mention some developers in the early winter kept claiming that they were getting new dev. kits for the next Xbox. I don't think we hear anything concrete for another year or two and then possibly something released after 2015. Just my two cents though...

I agree Siren, though I am excited for the next generation of entertainment, I am still enjoying the current generation way too much to let it become obsolete.

I'm guessing its just a joke people were joking about the name since the 360 was announced. I hope the nexr xbox is afew years away.

There's way too much untapped potentia in the 360 to introduce a new console for at least a few more years, especially in since the kinect isn't even a year old yet.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.