Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Thursday Night Terror Fest

Featured Replies

What the Hell is behind that corner?!

All gamers are critics even if they try to be, or even if they aren't trying at all. For some, it's all about the graphics, if a game comes out and it plays like the original Dead Rising at this day and age, it will not get good reviews and complaints coming in from every corner of the globe. For others a good game is a game that has the best multiplayer experience up to date. As for me, well I'm a gamer who plays a game for it's story. Although graphics can be nice, and multiplayer does prove that you can have fun with your friends without tagging your gang signs across your local city. The story of a game is what really drags me in. I don't let reviews tell me whether or not a game is good, I have to experience it first hand.

I recently stayed up playing F.E.A.R Files, which is the expansions of the original F.E.A.R game, and let me tell you from my own personal experience, that game to this day is scary as hell. It might have been the fact that I was in a trance staring at the T.V like a paranoid alcoholic watching a marathon of cops thinking they'll kick in his door at any moment, but I digress young ones. The first three F.E.A.R games are great in their own way, and if you go to play them now and you are not a gamer who's in it for the graphics, you will be disappointed. F.E.A.R does not have the best graphics, but it's still an amazing game, and I raise my glass to Monolith studios for making the best paranormal experience a game could offer at the time of it's release. The story of F.E.A.R can be confusing, but after awhile, you feel as though you are not trying to just get to one point to another, but that you are fighting to survive the nightmare you have fallen into by any means necessary.

fear-3.jpg

I only play these games with my Tritons at the max, and with the lights off, because that is the way these games are meant to be played. F.E.A.R is a game I recommend for everybody who is currently reading this article, if you don't get drawn into the game because of the story, it will be the Fear you have that will have you craving for more. Don't question this request, just play the game. It's a good break from all the current High Def graphics and whatnot. Also my friend, I leave you with a warning, don't let yourself lose your sanity, because Fear is the fuel for insanity.

Fun Fact: Avoid long and dark hallways when you can, it might save you from the virtual widow maker.

Loved the first FEAR. Wasn't too keen on the expansions, but they were ok enough.

Have to agree....the firstr one was fun and sometimes scary, after that it just seemed like the same ol same ol

I liked the games enough. I wasn't blown away by them, and honestly I didn't think they were scary at all. I felt it was more of just an action game with horror sprinkled in. I guess I just listened to the hype and then was disappointed when I played it all those years ago. It is still a decent game though, the second one as well.

I ignored the DLCs for FEAR 1 entirely even though I got them in a FEAR 1/2 complete pack. Mainly because they were made by a different developer than the original game. Also, Fear 2 was made by the original developer again (Monolith) and pretty much ignores them anyways, so that's cool. The FEAR 2 DLC was neat, too.

FEAR 1 and 2 were pretty awesome games. I am actually somewhat interested in FEAR 3 even though it's by different people again, but it's something I'd wait for a big price drop on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.