September 14, 201115 yr comment_44934 Today was a wonderful day to be a Mage, and to make me seem less crazy. I woke up and decided it was time to play some Morrowind. After a couple hours and a few bowls of Cookie Crisp, I thought I'd play Oblivion. Both great games, both great stories. However, Morrowind had so much more to do than Oblivion. When I ask my neighbor which he prefers, he says Oblivion and laughs when I tell him I think Morrowind is better. So I decided I was going to make a list of the differences in both games.Morrowind:More Join able Factions (The Morag Tong, House Hlaalu, House Redoran, House Telvanni, East Empire Company, Tribunal Temple, and the Vampire Clans, Aundae Clan, Berne Clan, Quarra Clan)You can kill important NPC's at anytime, messing up the fate of Tamriel. Leveling up is simpler, 5 Major skills and 5 Minor Skills. Training those skills levels you up, Obviously. You can train a skill as many times in one level, as long as you have the gold.The Death Sentence is something you can get if you commit enough crimes.There is no red icon to tell you you're about to steal something or sleep in the wrong bed.Lock-picking is not a mini-game and is based on how high your luck and security skills are.Doors can be 'Trapped' causing a dangerous spell to be cast on the player if opened.There is no horses or fast travel, Only giant bug monsters called Silt Striders.Gold goes up and down when bartering, and can run out.No haggle option'Cursed' items, which is rather cool. If you pick up the item, a creature will spawn nearby and attack you.Easier to make a living as a thief as petty items like spoons and cups hold value.Stolen goods can be sold to anyone unless you try to sell an item you stole from that person.Merchants will sometimes refuse to talk to you if you have skooma or moon sugar in your pants.Persuading is different, as it is not a mini-game.No doors need a specific key to unlock, you just need the skill to unlock what is locked (i.e. I made a new character today, bought a levatation spell, flew over ghostgate, and retrieved the dagger Keening. Which is the dagger you use to (*spoiler*) Dagoth Ur's (*spoiler*)Spells can be deleted.You can enchant items anywhere at anytime, directly from your pocket.Jail is just a loading screen.No Houses for sale, only a few houses that are Quest Based.Oblivion:Merchant Gold never runs out.Haggle option available.Fast Travel and Horses available.Need to visit the Arcane University to Enchant Items.Spells cannot be deletedPersuading is a mini-gameSome 'Quest related' doors need a specific key to open them.No Death Sentence.Stolen goods can't be sold to everyone.You actually go to jail.Lock-picking is a mini-game.No 'Trapped' doors or 'Cursed' items.Can only train skills up to 5 times each level.Cannot kill important story based NPC's they only fall unconscious for awhile.There is a red icon over certain items to warn the player that they are about to commit a crime.Merchants will always talk to you, even if you have skooma in your pants.Houses can be purchased.Personally I prefer Morrowind, because it is awesome. I don't care that the graphics are bad at this day and age, because the game is still awesome and it's what makes Morrowind great. Don't get me wrong, I love all the Elder Scrolls, I just prefer Morrowind.This has been an Alex Shirley minute. Report
September 14, 201115 yr comment_44935 Oh whoops I'm sorry, I clicked on this via the recent topics without realising it was in here. Hope I didn't mess it up, sorry. Report
September 14, 201115 yr comment_44936 Morrowind was better. I really enjoyed Oblivion as well, but Morrowind just had so much more depth. I believe a lot of at had to do with the transition from text to speech. Lot more depth of story and characters in Morrowind. Not to mention all the small things strewn throughout the world. Also, there are several mods on PC that make it looks pretty good, even for now. Report
September 14, 201115 yr comment_44944 Id pick morrowind It was the first rpg I enjoyed. I just loved how I could go all over the freaking place. And there was so much random weird places and stuff happening. Report
September 14, 201115 yr comment_44945 I also loved becoming a werewolf it got me out of a lot of battles alive. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.