September 12, 201115 yr comment_44806 Rejoice Elder Scrolls Fans! For I have come bearing news of what you will and shall expect to see in the newest installment of the Elder Scrolls Franchise, The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.ES5: Skyrim takes place in the Nordic lands of Skyrim(Obviously) which is north of Cyrodiil. You play the role of Dovakiin or Dragonborn, and you will kill many dragons for hours and hours to come. Bethesda actually created an entirely new engine for this game, making game play more crisp and making the draw distance a lot farther than usual. Shadows now cast off anything that should have a shadow, and if you enjoy playing in 3rd person, it's actually possible to do so now. Remember that this game starts at the begining of the 4th era, so Vvardenfell from Morrowind has been destroyed, and so has Mournhold. Also the Warlord who took over Cyrodiil. Hopefully these things will be mentioned in the game at some point.Factions in the previous games have always been a blast, from sneaking around stealing diamonds, to stalking your prey and waiting for the perfect moment to strike, or if your more laid back you could just grab a stick and become a Mage.In Skyrim, there may not be as many factions as we are use to seeing, here is a list of the factions that have been announced.Factions:The Dark BrotherhoodThe Thieves GuildThe College of Winter Hold-or Mages Guild and of course Companions will be added.Duel-wielding is something we all like to do at some point, it's never eat the burger now and drink the soda later, no. It's always eat the burger and drink the soda at the same time.As we know, Duel-Wielding has been added to this game, and here is a list of what you can expect to duel-wield.Weapon and WeaponWeapon and ShieldWeapon and TorchSpell and SpellSpell and WeaponTwo-handed weaponI would love to see Bethesda add the ability to attack while on horseback, because that would be even more realistic then it will already be.Just this Saturday, Todd Howard announced exclusively on Xplay that Vampirism will be a complete "Game changer" saying it will be even better than the other games combined. I just hope they bring back the vampire factions like in Morrowind.At some point in the game, children will appear. Knowing Bethesda's kind-heartedness, I doubt these kids will be kill-able even though they are probably super annoying(Should I even mention Little Lamplight?)Dragons are obviously going to be in this game, and there will be lots of them appearing at random times in random places. Don't pull a 'Fallout 3' with a 'I just nuked a whole town' attitude and think you're tough as a level 1, you will die a lot if you run into one of these beasts at a low level, so level up first people.There are said to be a few good dragons in the game that the player will be able to talk to. I bet the first ones name is Jeffery the Dragon.This is just a list of the rest of things you can expect.Lock-picking is still a mini-gameWind will whip up water (make waves)5 Major cities, 9 tinier settlementsYou can buy houses againYou can level up past 50The inventory has been completely revampedEvery item can be examined in a 3D model in the inventoryNPC's are more realistic, after interrupting them to have a conversation, when the conversation ends they will continue doing what they were originally doing before interuptedThere is a lot of voice actors, so every High Elf isn't the same exact person on the inside.Like Fallout 3, a perk system has been added for when you level up.Hand-to-Hand and Acrobatics skills have been taken out (you can still jump, but you can't get points for it as it is seen as an easier way to level up.)At this point in time, that is all the information that has been provided by Todd Howard and Bethesda, but as a long time dedicated fan to The Elder Scrolls franchise, I assure you this one is going to be the frosting for your cake. The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim will release on November 11th 2011. That's 11-11-11 Report
September 12, 201115 yr comment_44808 This game is going to be awesome, I'm just really hoping for an entirely revamped leveling system. Leveling up skills by using them is a good idea, but not so much when you have to jump around in circles throwing fireballs into the air for an hour if you want to get the most points in a level up.Very nice article, though you may want to have a mod put it in a more appropriate section than the New Users section. Report
September 12, 201115 yr Author comment_44815 This game is going to be awesome, I'm just really hoping for an entirely revamped leveling system. Leveling up skills by using them is a good idea, but not so much when you have to jump around in circles throwing fireballs into the air for an hour if you want to get the most points in a level up.Very nice article, though you may want to have a mod put it in a more appropriate section than the New Users section.How do I do that? Put it in a different section and such? Report
September 12, 201115 yr Author comment_44817 I can move it. I'll move it to the 360 section.Thank you very much good sir :3 Report
September 12, 201115 yr Author comment_44819 This game is going to be awesome, I'm just really hoping for an entirely revamped leveling system. Leveling up skills by using them is a good idea, but not so much when you have to jump around in circles throwing fireballs into the air for an hour if you want to get the most points in a level up.Very nice article, though you may want to have a mod put it in a more appropriate section than the New Users section.Leveling up is different, but I wasn't entirely sure how to put it into my own words as it is a little difficult to explain. Report
September 12, 201115 yr comment_44823 I actually like the level goes up as you use the skill. It rewards you for just using it instead of arbitrary points. Regardless I love this franchise and cant wait to see where the next adventure leads. I hope the construction set stays close to the same. Report
September 13, 201115 yr comment_44841 I actually like the level goes up as you use the skill. It rewards you for just using it instead of arbitrary points. Regardless I love this franchise and cant wait to see where the next adventure leads. I hope the construction set stays close to the same.The basic idea was great. I liked having skills increase with use. The way leveling up and how it determined how many points you could add to any given attribute (strength, intelligence, speed, etc.), was the part that failed. Unless just the right amount of those 10 skill point increases required to level up were in the right categories, you could have tons of wasted points. My efficiently leveled (see, dork that runs in circles shocking the air, then taking fall damage until he can heal himself with magic) character turned out way more powerful than my first character, whom I had played mostly ignoring the system and capped out at level 30ish. And the efficient character was still only around level twenty something and could continue leveling up (the cap was determined by how many skill increases you could do before everything is maxed out).If I ever play Morrowind or Oblivoin again though (which will be on PC), I'll just use console assisted leveling, where I give myself the maximum normally possible attribute increases per level and just play the damn game normally. lol Report
September 13, 201115 yr comment_44842 Lol. You just don't like it because you're an rpg max lvl gamer. Can't stand it when you don't make the exact right choices. Same reason you don't like when a game doesnt have skill reassignment. Haha. Which is fine. And all the more beauty of all the elder scroll games. If you don't like the system then just mod or cheat. I am similar of mind on game choices. I have a hard time just making them in game and moving on. I tend to want to reload until I get the outcome I want. It's really the difference from playing a game like something to be mastered or role playing and getting into character. Report
September 13, 201115 yr comment_44843 I'm honestly not so much anymore (that was back between maybe 2007 and 2009 when I was way into Oblivion). Included in this shift in attitude was me (mostly) giving up achievements. Mainly thanks to Steam forcing me to buy hundreds of cheap (but many of them full featured and originally full priced) games (lol), now I just play through and enjoy my games, doing most of the sidequests I can unless it becomes sheer tedium, then I move onto the next. But yeah, respec'ing is a must. I play for fun and don't want to have to be a hardcore player strictly adhering to a specific build just to be powerful, like so many Diablo players. Report
September 13, 201115 yr comment_44844 Lol. Gave up cheevo addiction for cheap game addiction. Damn steam. Report
September 13, 201115 yr comment_44846 Lol. Gave up cheevo addiction for cheap game addiction. Damn steam.Yep. I was only into trying to get all the achievements in a game, when I didn't have literally like 150 games in queue behind it. My backlog is like a massive, grim crowd at the DMV, all awaiting their turn. A blathering horde of zombies reaching out to consume me. A(n) (advective) (noun) of (nouns) (verbing) to (noun). And other such metaphors. There's a lot. lol Report
September 13, 201115 yr Author comment_44855 Yep. I was only into trying to get all the achievements in a game, when I didn't have literally like 150 games in queue behind it. My backlog is like a massive, grim crowd at the DMV, all awaiting their turn. A blathering horde of zombies reaching out to consume me. A(n) (advective) (noun) of (nouns) (verbing) to (noun). And other such metaphors. There's a lot. lolI have yet to give up my addiction to achievements, but I always play through games to enjoy them, unless they suck. Then I play them through then hate myself for it. Report
September 14, 201115 yr comment_44929 I can't wait until this game comes out. It will be amazing I'm sure like oblivion was....I'll probably spend hours just wandering the countryside, killing random things and exploring caves and such Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.