Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Deus Ex: HR - (Classified Information)

Featured Replies

I will probably get this one. The summer drought is killing me and I have never played any of the other Deus Ex games. When will the industry realize they can capitalize by having some summer releases? They are so worried about capitalizing on the holiday season that everything is coming out at one time and I don't want to buy 5-6 games in two months time lol. Some titles will just have to wait.

  • Author

Funny you mention that. I just did a mini tirade on Twitter about it. haha

https://twitter.com/#!/PeeKnuckle/status/103155744614002688

Here's an idea. Stretch game releases throughout the entire year, so we can afford to buy them all NEW. Why is Summer so bad to release in?!

I'm so tired of all these publishers charging for season passes. If they stretched the game releases apart more, instead of all or nothing in the holiday months... we'd be able to afford more new games. Dumb asses.

probably has something to do with kids being out of school. There have been some big releases in summer months, mostly RPG's like DA:2 and Dungeon Siege 3, but they are there.

There was a couple but I agree with Peeknuckle. The summer time for kids is the perfect time for them to release games. They have nothing to do, release some damn games!

I myself am more likely to buy more brand new games if they were spread out through the year but not 5-7 games in the span of a couple months. Even if you can afford it you still need time to play them all lol.

I will be picking up the two games, possibly a third, I am most looking forward to and the rest will have to wait!

I don't mind it. It's almost as if there's some stigma against buying an "old" game. Why not use the summer drought time to buy some of the big releases you missed last holiday season, or even the one before, and at a lower price even? The only real exception to this is the nonsense they pump out annually like Call of Duty and sports games.

  • Author

I mind it. Especially when they attach online passes. You want to get every single cent you can? Fine, make a great game and give release time buyers a good incentive to buy new. Also, release it at a time other than the holiday season. During the holiday season, reduce the price and bring in new fans who may have never played your games before. It's called the Steam effect and it works wonders at inflating Gabe's pockets. You sell more product at a reduced rate, than you do at full price, with less buyers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.