Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

This is amazing

Featured Replies

That is pretty cool, but I'm wondering how that would translate into actual performance in games if it's used. Seems like you'd need a pretty powerful system to handle models that detailed.

I believe that's the point. A vast majority of the graphics processing is the processing of those polygons. They are claiming they've found a method around that bottleneck. I'd love to see the information on how they managed this. If it's truly coming out then I cannot wait. This would be a game changer. Not only would it make gaming so much better you could almost render animated movies in real time with it.

  • 3 months later...

Holy shit, this is sounding more and more legitimate. We may be but a few years from graphical perfection. Would free up so much more time to making games just better.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/22/exploring-unlimited-detail.aspx

I hope It's real. I can only imagine what a studio like rockstar or dice could do with somethin like that. Especially paired with rockstars euphoria physics engine and the facial animations from LA Noire. Gets me giddy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.