Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Requiem for a Dream

Featured Replies

"The hopes and dreams of four ambitious people are shattered when their drug addictions begin spiraling out of control"

Another movie that I watched today. Really left me feeling empty and sad.

dude this is one of the first dvds i ever bought, it's fantastic and crazy. they show it in alot of psychology classes to help students understand about drug addictions. i can't recommend this movie enough, but i must let you all know, me and my friends always warned people before watching it that it will ruin your day... cause it truely does.

this movie is AWESOME!

It features one of my favorite songs ever too called "Lux Aeterna" by Clint Mansell . It was featured in this first but then later remixed and used in The Lords of the Ring: The Two Towers trailer. Also Lil Jon used the song in a loop for his song "Throw It Up".

One last interesting bit is the actors, it has Jared Leto, the lead singer from 30 Seconds to Mars, and 4 well known stars Marlon Wayans, Jennifer Connelly, Ellen Burstyn, and Christopher McDonald (played Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore).

  • Author

I agree, ARMI. Great film, but it leaves you a shell of a person. It really does. I was in a sad movie day and this took the cake for day wrecker,

  • Author

Seeing both, this is on a completely different level of depressing.

Seeing both, this is on a completely different level of depressing.

Totally agree nothing compares. The only movies that even come close to comparing are the director Darren Aronofsky previous movie "Pi" which is almost as messed up, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", "SPUN","Trainspotting", and maybe "A Scanner Darkly".

Warning these trailers are for adults only

  • Author

I read Trainspotting. It's ****** up.

Requiem for a Dream is certainly screwed up but a good flick. I hated PI. Not sure why buy I couldn't see past the boring to get the depth.

I read Trainspotting. It's ****** up.

i agree Pi wasn't that good but for what it was and the budget it was amazing what they were able to do, also it may require some heavy drug use to see it the way i did.

trainspotting was sick but SPUN is one of those hidden gems that most people that enjoy these kinds of films overlook.

here's a good comedy stoner flick

if that's what u want, it's on netflix, it's on par with how much i like Dazed & Confused.

When u watch those 2 flicks side by side it's almost like watching the same movie just their summer vs. their winter. prolly haseto do with the fact that the same main character is in both movies though.

I've never seen the movie but I absolutely love Lux Aeterna. That and the 28 Weeks Later theme (from the intro) are some truly epic pieces that can make any movie or game seem awesome (or at least watchable/playable) when played over it in a trailer or Youtube video.

I guess I'll have to check out the movie sometime too, could be interesting.

I think you should leave it at reading it. I thought that movie was boring to, albeit messed up indeed.

I saw the movie and read the book. I thought the movie was really good. Of course, I think Ewan McGregor is totally hot, so... :D

"A$$ to A$$!!"

Sorry that's the only Requiem for a Dream quote I can remember off the top of my head. :)

Anyway, if you liked that movie.. check out 'The Fountain' by the same director. I reaaaaally liked The Fountain but many people didn't. Keep in mind, Hugh Jackman is in it and he floats around in a giant bubble. A lot of people have issues dealing with that while keeping a straight face. If you think you can do it, it's fantastic.

Darren Aronofsky also directed 'The Wrestler' with Mickey Rourke. Just as good. Everything he does is amazing with a slight tinge of depression.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.