July 29, 201115 yr comment_41453 http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/press-here/Apple-Has-More-Cash-Than-US-Government-126367843.htmlSuckers. Report
July 29, 201115 yr comment_41454 I'm tempted to steal this and post it to Google+ (unless, of course, you posted it and I reshared it ). Report
July 31, 201115 yr comment_41519 This is why we give those big companies those tax breaks, so they can keep from going bankrupt. Report
August 1, 201115 yr comment_41625 F' That . They wouldn't relocate if our import taxes were where they should be. Report
August 3, 201115 yr comment_41798 Raising tariffs would be a terrible idea. Other nations would simply raise tariffs and we'd be having price wars internationally. We live in an international community that depends on each component and raising tariffs would create complete chaos. Besides, the US depends on imports so much that we would truly be screwing ourselves over. Report
August 4, 201115 yr comment_41877 Sometimes there's no fixing what is already broken. We rely on imports because we let ourselves become a service nation. More and more jobs provide nothing but a service with no real product. As the product moves out we can't sustain ourselves on nothing. I understand the point you're making, but eventually we will have so little going out and so much coming in that it will be unsustainable on service alone. I suppose it's possible to turn things around by exporting more of the services we are moving to, but as a whole I doubt we ever can. Report
August 5, 201115 yr comment_41892 Agreed. The US is in a bind where we really can't just snap our fingers at the problem and make it disappear. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.