Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Capture Card process

Featured Replies

Alright my fellow streamers...I'll try to make this as simple as possible.

I use my Xbox 360 through a VGA cord, hooked up to a 2 way pc monitor switch. I can switch between my laptop and xbox 360 through the push of a button.

Now that's out of the way, what are the steps I would need to be able to stream and record through the VGA process. It's different than your typical Streaming. :(

I should note as well, I own no capture device.

  • Author

Thank you! Im trying to prepare the board for Gears 3 stuff. I really want to try to get this set up.

I haven't forgotten about you. If you are attempting to keep the monitor as your primary display and need vga then I think we'll need to look at the options:

Option 1.

There are some expensive capture cards out there that can capture direct from vga. Though I'm not sure about laptop/usb ones.

Option 2.

Convert to Component for the capture. Will allow a much larger range of capture devices and cheaper overall.

First, find you a usb capture device. I'll look into those a little later, but there is a large enough selection to choose from. With the price difference mainly based on if it can capture HD or not.

Then, if it doesn't do passthrough buy this (plus the extra cables you'll need):

Component Splitter

And then if it does or doesn't do passthrough buy this:

Component to VGA converter

The weak link will be the capture card. If you don't get one that has passthrough or is capable of capture in HD then you'll have degraded video quality. Those will depend on how much you're willing to spend. The above two items will run you about $45 US, but you won't need the Splitter for most of the higher HD capture cards. Let me know what you're looking to spend and I'll get some listed here for you. You do plan on using the laptop right?

  • Author

Thanks for the response.

Option 2 is converting my VGA (Xbox 360) to Component, which then connects into the capture card, am I correct? I'm not too picky on the price anything around $40-100 for the capture card is ok in my book. I really do want to capture in HD for sure though. The laptop is my only computer at the moment so anything that can run through the Laptop is preferred. :)

The biggest reason I'm running VGA is because it's better quality for me since the monitor is the only way I play and it's also easier for me. I hope that cleared a little bit up.

  • Author

Sounds good. I'll look into it, I'm about to make a post later on soon referring to why I'll be delaying this process now :( Hopefully money grows on trees!

  • Author

What capture card do you recommend? I'm looking for great quality here. Any idea how the converters will make the quality look?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=903256&SRCCODE=WEM2757&cm_mmc=RSS-_-TigerDirect-_-Main-_-RSS

That's a full kit. Won't be a massive gaming rig but you could add a better video card later. If you just want it for streaming it should do great. I'll look more when I get home. That's a pretty damn good price. It has pci-x so you can get the internal BMI.

  • Author

That blows almost anything I have out of the water, sadly. Thanks a lot again, I'll post later after 8 unless I have a chance to get on my phone.

Here's one hell of a laptop if you'd prefer that. Way more expensive than a desktop but it's a hell of a deal for a gaming laptop. Does have one USB 3 port.

http://m.tigerdirect.com/m/http/www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7124324&sku=A50-173114

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.