July 13, 201115 yr comment_40424 EA has aquired one of the most successful social and causal gaming companies in the video game industry, PopCap Games.Announced late in the day on July 12, EA paid around $650 million in cash for the company and gave $100 million in shares to certain PopCap shareholders. The aquisition is expected to close at the end of August.No news on what EA’s plans are for PopCap who is responsible for such hits as Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled, and Bookworm. Tweet This Post Post to FacebookView the full article Report
July 13, 201115 yr comment_40427 PopCap is good, but I loathe EA. Here's hoping that EA doesn't ruin them with greedy business decisions like all of their cut content and DLC tactics. Report
July 13, 201115 yr comment_40431 I'm with you. I kind of cringed when I read the press release. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.