Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Buying A New 360. HELP

Featured Replies

So my Xbox has been broken now for over a year. The one I've been playing on is my room mates so now that the semester is ending and I want to be playing the Hal;o Reach Beta, I've realized buying a new console all together is a better route then paying another $100 to get my old one fixed only to have it bust just a little over a year when the 1 year warranty expires. In since I'm switching majors now I'm going to be selling all my school books and should have enough to buy a new one. This is the one deal I'm currently looking at...

Xbox 360 I'm looking at.

Is this probably the best thing to go with? I've been wanting to upgrade my HD from my original 20 GB one and it comes with ODST for the Beta. Help is much appreciated.

Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. It also comes with Forza Motorsport 3, which is a very good racing simulator.

I'll definitely be getting an Arcade unit next time my console breaks as opposed to the $100 repair (you can find Arcades for about $100 sometimes). That way I can upgrade to HDMI.

If you can, I'd suggest going to the store and looking for the latest revision. Can get it for about the same price. Sometimes those elites are the latest revision of the console.

How would you check for that, to make sure you're getting the newest hardware?

You can tell what version of the hardware you have by looking at the Lot# listed on the box.

it's a 4 digit number that will tell you the year and week the console was manufactured on.

For example. Lot#0738 means it was made in 2007, during the 38th week of the year.

You can tell what version of the hardware you have by looking at the Lot# listed on the box.

it's a 4 digit number that will tell you the year and week the console was manufactured on.

For example. Lot#0738 means it was made in 2007, during the 38th week of the year.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if/when I do get a new Arcade console. Checked the box that my console came in. 0618 lol.

  • Author

If you can, I'd suggest going to the store and looking for the latest revision. Can get it for about the same price. Sometimes those elites are the latest revision of the console.

Will do man, thanks.

Will do man, thanks.

Check retail shops and you can tell what you're getting by the voltage. You can see it in the window that shows the serial number. You may have to move it around a bit, but you'll see it.

Xenon = 12V--16.5A

Zephyr = 12V--16.5A

Falcon = 12V--14.2A

Jasper = 12V--12.1A

However, as new as that bundle is it's likely the newest revision. I'd say you would be safe getting it if you are set on it. From what I've read it is the Jasper.

As a matter of fact, one of the reviewers is quoted saying it is. I'd go with it man. It's a good deal.

You can also find that console at Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77247

Same price, but if you are in need of extra accessories they are running a 20% off with the purchase of a system.

  • Author

Looks like it's the same price almost everywhere. Look at the bottom right of this image.

Yea it does, well I think I'm gonna go with this. Hopefully I'll get it soon and I'll be playing the Reach Beta with whoever here who wants to play. :) Thanks all.

  • 4 weeks later...

You can tell what version of the hardware you have by looking at the Lot# listed on the box.

it's a 4 digit number that will tell you the year and week the console was manufactured on.

For example. Lot#0738 means it was made in 2007, during the 38th week of the year.

This was a big help! Thanks! My lot # was 1013! I got a new chip! yea!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.