Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

How do I mod my NookColor?

Featured Replies

I know someone had posted about modding their NookColor. I wanna mod it or whatever, to use it for web browsing (more than it already does). Can someone help me please?? I don't wanna screw up my Nook.

  • Author

Ok, I just looked at the post spawn made in the other Nook thread (sorry for making another, didnt know if it'd get an answer). He put a link to a wiki page showing how to root it or whatever. http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Rooting

Theres one line I am worried about on that page, "Before rooting, you need to complete BN's registration process, you will not be able to link your NC to your BN account to buy books after rooting. Do Not Proceed with Rooting unless the Nook is Registered, You will not be prompted to register with BN once you have completed the Root Process."

The red underlined line, is the one I'm worried about. Obviously I will still want to buy books from B&N. Doing this makes it impossible to buy books?? Is there anything you can do that won't take away that ability?

  • Author

Do not root unless the Nook is registered with B&N. Sounds like if it's already registered, it'd be fine.

I'd research it more, though, to be on the safe side.

Yeah, cuz I definately still wanna use it to buy books online. But I was worried about how that read. Mine is already registered though. I will have to wait and see if Spawn posts, he should know.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.