June 14, 201115 yr comment_39009 IMDB What's great about this documentary is, even his disbelievers know that technology is exponential. They just don't think the things Kurzweil predicts, will happen to that certain extent, or in that time. They almost all agree, though, that this time right now... is the greatest leap in human ingenuity, and technological advances. And that's ever in the history of mankind. Just look at computers. The one at MIT a few decades ago, cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and took up a portion of one building. Your smart phone now... 1,000's of times smaller... AND 1,000's of times smarter. That next leap of size difference and intellect/calculations, will be that they will be the size of red blood cells. It's a fascinating documentary. Queue it up for Netflix. Singularity. Report
June 14, 201115 yr comment_39019 Queued!I love thinking about this stuff. Merge me with technology now!You can call me Deus Vec haha. Report
June 14, 201115 yr Author comment_39022 The entire time I was watching it, I was thinking of the Deus Ex world. I believe you will, too. It's pretty great, if not a tiny bit terrifying.Bonus points for ending your viewing of it, with "Xbox stop". It's trippy. LOL Report
June 14, 201115 yr comment_39025 Haha that's funny. I will go for bonus points! This stuff is cool to think about. I have also been watching a documentary called "Ancient Aliens". It shows compelling evidence that aliens have been here long before us. Not sure what I believe but man it is fun to watch! There is two seasons of it on netflix.When my daughter tells the xbox stuff she will say "XButt Stop" or "XButt Play Disc". She dies laughing because the Xbox actually responds and does it. Your bonus points comment made me think of it haha. Report
June 14, 201115 yr Author comment_39029 I've been watching that doc for sometime over at JTV and on Netflix. Some of it is very compelling, and some of it is laughable. All of it is enjoyable, though. lol Report
June 14, 201115 yr comment_39030 Agreed haha. There are just tons of good documentary's on netflix. I was never into watching them before and now I can't get enough. Report
June 14, 201115 yr Author comment_39032 I'm much the same way. When I used to rent videos, they were always movies and never docs. Now that I have Netflix, it's almost all docs. lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.