April 19, 201115 yr comment_35125 <object classId="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="480" height="418" id="VideoPlayerLg52434"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/52434" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/52434" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#FF9B00;"><a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/index" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">PC Games</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/e32011" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">E3 2011</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/64714/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim</a></div> Report
April 19, 201115 yr comment_35128 I am completely sold now that PERKS are in this game. I know purists may balk but the act of leveling up should be fun and Fallout 2/3's perks were what I was looking forward to most! This should keep most of GC's members busy for at least 6 mos or so...lol. Report
April 19, 201115 yr comment_35129 Yes, this is one of those rare few games these days that I will probably buy at full price at or near release. I don't see why the perks bother people at all. So long as they're not REMOVING skills that you gain through skill/attribute increases because of perks, it's just something EXTRA you gain through leveling up. Perks were pretty fun in Fallout 3. It sounds like the leveling system has been simplified, but I think the system was kind of broken in the older games anyways, how you could end up underdeveloped if you just leveled without focusing on certain attributes to increase, or overpowered if you used efficient leveling.The Gothic series has only TWO attributes, strength and dexterity. The leveling system works great in those games though. The rest of your points you put into weapon skills, spells, and such. Although in Gothic 3 they kind of added more "Attributes", but it's all stuff that realistically you would "train" for, like hunting, smithing, and thieving skills. Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35131 The perks bother me, because it's an Elder Scrolls game, and not Fallout. I know games need to evolve, but removing things from past chapters, and scaling it back to make it simpler... aggravates me. They tried to explain away the reason for doing away with levitation. They said it was because of the way the world and cities were in different cels. Well, modders were able to put it back in. They could have, too. They did away with many spells. Such as Jump, Slowfall, Mark, Recall and others. With these latest changes, it's becoming less like Elder Scrolls, and more like any other RPG. Jobs, perks.. bleh.*edit* I'm not making light of anyone who likes these new changes. If you like them, that's great. Just saying I don't think I will. Report
April 19, 201115 yr comment_35138 I'll be completely honest I'm fanboy to a point I'll probably get it regardless of the changes. It looks great and there are dragons. Not to mention the story. I will play for hours and hours just for the small things they add. Report
April 19, 201115 yr Author comment_35148 Dragons are the main selling point for me. lol All the lore about dragons, and never seeing one. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35153 The perks bother me, because it's an Elder Scrolls game, and not Fallout. I know games need to evolve, but removing things from past chapters, and scaling it back to make it simpler... aggravates me. They tried to explain away the reason for doing away with levitation. They said it was because of the way the world and cities were in different cels. Well, modders were able to put it back in. They could have, too. They did away with many spells. Such as Jump, Slowfall, Mark, Recall and others. With these latest changes, it's becoming less like Elder Scrolls, and more like any other RPG. Jobs, perks.. bleh.*edit* I'm not making light of anyone who likes these new changes. If you like them, that's great. Just saying I don't think I will.I think you will. You've been waiting too long not to. lol. Report
April 20, 201115 yr Author comment_35154 I don't know. I never finished FO3 and and I didn't buy New Vegas. Fallout didn't do anything for me. But yeah, I have been waiting a really long time for a new Elder Scrolls. We shall see. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35157 I simply cannot WAIT for this. My life will be gone as soon as it comes out. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35158 PK, I see your point. I love both series equally but don't really want to see them blend into the same game with different settings and stories.Elder Scrolls is one style of RPG and Fallout another. I hope that Skyrim doesn't disappoint my Elder Scrolls cravings. Report
April 20, 201115 yr comment_35205 This game ranks up there with the Mass Effect series for me, they at least for myself, define a console generation and are the ultimate refinement of a gameplay mechanic that was hit or miss in there last few games. This will absolutely be the best Elder Scrolls title to date, no doubt about it. Report
April 21, 201115 yr comment_35241 Althought the new skills system will make it easier to have a balanced character it seems like it would reduce the specialisation aspects (a big part of the actual role playing I would have thought).I liked being able to choose skills that my character focoused on. I'm hoping that they bring back some of the old spells from morrowind like mark/recall (I know theres fast travel but it would be handy to set a waypoint at the exit to a dungeon etc) or atleast think of some interesting new ones. However if bethesda include werewolves I will forgive them for pretty much anything and this game is still gonna be awesome so I'll reserve judgement untill I've played it.. Report
April 21, 201115 yr comment_35242 I don't know. I never finished FO3 and and I didn't buy New Vegas. Fallout didn't do anything for me. But yeah, I have been waiting a really long time for a new Elder Scrolls. We shall see.Yep I never got into Fallout 3 either, to me it felt like oblivion without the magic and depressing graphics. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.