Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Marcus Fenix’s Story Will End With Gears 3, Gears Universe Will Live On

Featured Replies

gears-of-war-3.jpg

Gears fans anxiously awaiting for the September 20 release of Gears of War 3 might find the following little nugget of information bitter sweet.  Executive producer Rod Fergusson spoke to CVG and said that fans will finally get closure to the Marcus Fenix story, however the universe within Gears will go on.

“We’re not blowing up the world so Sera and the Gears universe will live on, but for us we didn’t want to betray our customers and community by having a cliff-hanger ending where you’re like ‘argh I just got duped, now I’ve gotta wait until the next game.  We wanted to have closure, we wanted people to have some satisfaction that they were along for this ride and they lived through a story.   We’re not going to reveal everything because we want some mystique left in our universe, but this is the Marcus Fenix story and people should feel satisfied after playing through that.”

While Marcus Fenix’s fate among with the other COG members remains up in the air, according to VG247 there are rumblings of Gears of War Kinect game in the works.

via CVG

View the full article

I'm just glad that it's not going to be a "Halo 3" ending. I'm still peeved about that, lol.

I have some ideas on how I think the game will end just from the ending of Gears 2 and hopefully they are right. Like I think the Locusts was an experiement that Marcus's dad was working on and it went wrong. I just think there is some kind of connection between the Locusts and the Fenix family.

Very cool. I'm excited to see how the story pans out, I've been reading the series of books by Karen Traviss, and its really giving a lot of depth to the story. So, with her writing the 3rd game, I have no doubt the story will be good.

It will be interesting to see how they close up his story, I hope he lives but I guess we will find out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.