Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Quote Of The Day – Dice Calls Sandbox Games Boring, Hardcore, And Unpopluar

Featured Replies

1667_Bach610_jpg-610x0.jpg

Do you like to play open ended sandbox-styled games like [insert any open-ended game here]? According to DICE’s Patrick Bach who is serving as the Executive Producer to Battlefield 3, you are in the minority because sandbox games just plain suck.

“In some cases they aren’t, but in most cases sandbox games are hardcore, boring, hard to get into and they are not very popular.”

You hear that kiddos? If you play GTA, Saint’s Row, Red Dead Remption, or even Battlefield 2: Bad Company that DICE worked on that is considered “sandboxish” then you are playing a game that is at the bottom of every gaming barrel.

via Edge Online

View the full article

I got the distinct impression that he thinks that his sh*t doesn't stink with the games that they make. If that is the case then he needs to go take a big whiff of the pile of crap that is the single player of both Battlefield Bad Company games. Not to mention Mirror's Edge kind of failed and should I remind them of the past pinball games?

Yeah, smelly sh*t!

I some what agree with him, every sandbox I've ever played has taken me months to beat, hell I'm still only a few hours into Red Dead Redemption and I've had it at school all year.

There are a whole bunch of gamers who just want to login, and start capping sh*t right away. They don't want story, they don't want to lead up to things... they just want action straight away.

Which is just fine. However, there's no reason to bash another genre, while holding your game aloft. We know you need to sell your game, and get people excited about it. You're doing it wrong though, Patty.

I'll take an open ended sandbox game over any other, though. I like to dictate what happens in my games as much as possible. I don't want corridors or paths. I don't need my hand held. I've been playing games for more than three decades. I know what I like and I don't need someone telling me any different.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.