March 19, 201115 yr comment_33229 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/18/supermoon-march-19-lunar-perigee_n_837220.htmlA supermoon is a new or full moon that happens to coincide with a close approach of the moon to the earth. Saturday's full moon will be the closest it has been to Earth in 18 years, according to Spaceweather.com. Report
March 19, 201115 yr comment_33234 Sweet, I'll have to check it out with my telescope tonight if those b*tch clouds don't obscure it like they did to that awesome rare eclipse that happened not too long ago. Report
March 19, 201115 yr comment_33239 Isn't the lunar pull the reason for all the crazy weather and earthquakes? Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_33248 Isn't the lunar pull the reason for all the crazy weather and earthquakes? Naw that is lazers man. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_33249 Damn b*tchclouds. Well maybe there will be a clear night over the next few days. It won't be a full moon, but it should still be close. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_33255 I saw it. Was definitely pretty cool.Even cooler though, this morning while I was driving Coy to work the moon was still up (setting actually) just before sunrise. As it was on the horizon it was gigantic. I love Moon illusion stuff, and it's even better when the moon is at it's perigee like it was just recently. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_33259 Thankfully there wasn't a cloud in sight. It was super bright and very very nifty. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_33262 We checked it out, and it looked big, but I guess I don't look at the moon enough to know the difference. Pretty cloudy so we only saw a little bit of it. Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_33265 http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/20/photo.supermoon/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.