March 17, 201115 yr comment_33025 You'll love em man. I love my A40s. I tried the A30s but I'm so use to the over ear feel that I didn't like them as much. Though, they are still super comfortable. Did you get the wireless kit for them? Report
March 17, 201115 yr Author comment_33044 Nope, too much money for the wireless. Oh well. Expecting them here on Tuesday. Report
March 18, 201115 yr comment_33109 I wouldn't worry too much about it. The wired kit gets pretty damn good reviews too. Except for the fact that there are a good number of wires coming from everywhere. I'm sure it sounds great if not better than wired. Report
March 19, 201115 yr Author comment_33197 I'm going to use the Opitlcal cable and plug it into the VGA cord...so that really eliminated that issue. Wires, although they suck...they don't really bother me as bad as they bother some. I can't wait for them to get here. Report
March 19, 201115 yr comment_33205 I just noticed I said it was better than wired. I meant wired probably sounds better than wireless. I have a bunch of wires too. Even the wireless is just a receiver that plugs into the headset. Either way I was playing Halo yesterday and it reminded me how much I love them. You wont be disappointed Report
March 19, 201115 yr Author comment_33212 I just noticed I said it was better than wired. I meant wired probably sounds better than wireless. I have a bunch of wires too. Even the wireless is just a receiver that plugs into the headset. Either way I was playing Halo yesterday and it reminded me how much I love them. You wont be disappointedHave you ever used the A40's by chance? I've seen too many people say "you're better off just spending the extra money for the A40's." Report
March 19, 201115 yr comment_33227 Yep. I have, that's the ones I'm currently using. Long story short, I ended up with both the A30s and A40s so I've had some time to test them both. The A30s have a little more bass than the A40s so you'll like that. However, the most noticeable difference I've found between the two is size. If you don't mind the on ear feel of the A30s then you'll love them. If you prefer over ear then the A40s are the way to go. I've been using the Sennheiser HD 595s for years and I'm just use to the over ear feel. So the A40s were the way to go for me. However, I did do a number of hours with the A30s and they are the BEST on ear set of phones I've ever worn. They are super light weight and you hardly notice them. Plus, I do think the A30s sound a little better for music. However, neither pair have ground to stand on against the 595s when it comes to music. For gaming, especially with the mixamp on a console though, they are fantastic. Report
March 19, 201115 yr Author comment_33228 Glad I made a great decision overall going with them. I wasn't too sure exactly what to expect, I did try the A40's on it blew me away while playing Gears 2. I'm not sure if I'll really "like" the on the ear feel the A30's have but as long as it doesn't suffocate my head like my old Triton ones did, I should be golden. Report
March 19, 201115 yr comment_33230 I really think you'll be happy with them. Like I said, I normally hate the on ear feel, but the A30s are comfortable. Report
March 20, 201115 yr Author comment_33243 Good.Stupid fedex refuses to update my tracking information. wtf? Report
March 20, 201115 yr comment_33261 Who knows. They have odd working days now. I think home delivery is like Tuesday through Saturday now. Report
March 23, 201115 yr Author comment_33399 Update: Been using them for a bit the past 5 hours.Gears of War 2 = sounds like crapMW2/COD4 = AmazingMy favorite band, makes me feel like I'm actually at the damn concert again! Report
March 23, 201115 yr comment_33400 Go ahead and toss out all those useless xbox headsets you undoubtedly have laying around. You'll never use them again. lolWelcome to Surround Sound gaming! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.