Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Spartacus (Tv Series)

Featured Replies

Anyone else watch this show at all? Just curious. How do you feel about the lead role (Spartacus) being recast? It's sad the main character had to leave due to cancer, but it will be interesting to see where they go with the show now. Won't return to TV until sometime in 2012 though at this rate.

I freaking love this show. I thought the pilot for Blood and Sand was a little lame, but I came around to it and I'm glad! I thought Gods of the Arena was well done too. It was nice to see a bit of the back story and how certain relationships came to be.

Andy Whitfield's replacement is a soap actor so I don't know how I feel about that. He has some mighty big shoes to fill and I hope he can do it. It was rumored for awhile that Sam Worthington might be replacing him which I would have loved to see. But whatevs, hopefully this Liam guy can bring the same energy to the role.

That sucks I liked the actor who played Spartacus, they might be able to get someone else, is it in its 3rd season now? I have only seen the first season and I am watching the prequel, if its only the 2nd season they might get away with a change since its so new.

  • Author

Yeah, the "Gods of the Arena" was only a small 6 part mini-series to show the backstory. It's a shame that we won't see any more until 2012 though, and it's even sadder that the original main character is suffering from lymphoma (blood cancer).

And yes Siren, the new character is a soap actor. Liam McIntyre is an Aussie actor who's only done some short films and a few TV series roles. He'll have to beef up quite a bit to fill the mighty shoes of Spartacus.

800px-Liam_McIntyre.JPG

He has the right look, but needs to start working out. It will be interesting to see if they follow the historical Spartacus in that he starts an uprising, or if they will go in another direction. I would like him to raise an army and battle the Legate dude and his wife that I hate.

I forgot to mention that I wasn't expected to see Gannicus survive in Gods of the Arena. He has been confirmed to be back in the next season so I can't wait to see how he comes into play. Oh! and Crixus's woman, Naevia is being replaced by a new actress. Nobody has been confirmed yet. It will just seem weird seeing these new people playing roles that you already associate with somebody else.

On a side note....did you guys see that Time Crisis video that Andy Whitfield did? It's awesome :)

<br>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NKogQf9ooR8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh dude I had no idea they recast him.. I thought they did the whole 'Gods of the Arena' thing so he could recover. It's really sad that he hasn't recovered enough to join back up. He was really likable.

And yes, been watching from the beginning. I love how they are on Netflix Instant Stream only a day after they premier on TV. ALL shows should do this.

I lmaoed at the last episode when Cryxis broke Asher's leg and lit him on fire for NO reason. No wonder that dude is a total **** now. I would be too if my friends peed in my food all day.

I liked how they sealed (his name slipped my mind) into the arena to die in Gods of the Arena. That was awesome!

Lucy Lawless is also confirmed to be returning and she said in an interview that her character will pretty much be hell on wheels. I hope her and Illythia go at it! (Not sexually you pervs)

  • Author

I think his name was Tullius. I HATED that dude with a passion. Was so glad to see him get creamed. Also, it was cool to see how Solonius kind of backstabbed Batiatus and how it bred a lot of bad blood between them leading to his death in the first season.

That's his name! I hated him too. I thought it was a rather fitting death for him since he was all about the arena. and yes it was nice to see how Solonius and Batiatus's friendship crumbled. It was never really explained in Blood and Sand.

OH! I made so much fun of Crixus in Gods of the Arena. Did you take notice to how his mouth was always hanging open? Like he was in such awe all the time. It was hilarious.

There's few shows on TV that illicit this kind of reaction.. where there are characters you really love and really HATE. That's all writing. It makes it really special, and it sucks that it's going thru casting turmoil. I hope it recovers.

  • Author

Well, sad news for us Netflix streamers.

http://gizmodo.com/#!5785745/starz-delaying-tv-and-movies-from-netflix-streaming

Apparently Starz is now going to be putting a NINETY DAY WAITING PERIOD for their content to be watchable on Netflix Instant Streaming. I bet you this will definitely take effect soon and will hamper our ability to watch Spartacus when it returns, which is said considering I refuse to pay for cable television.

*sad face*

That's lame as hell, because it just means I'll torrent it. It was fun watching it legit for a while though. One day the industry will get its head out of it's bum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.