Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Opinions On Dragon Age 2

Featured Replies

I was really worried when I saw the limited map and once again the on rails questing that doesn't let you wander the game world. I have now put in 14 hrs in 2 days! LOL. I have to say that when I wanted to quit playing I could not! Just promising myself "one more quest and that's it", then continuing on for 2 or 3 more hours. What say you Gamercide? Like it better than DA Origins/Awakenings? Is this game what you wanted it to be?

I liked it better than origins. Only downside is rogue can't have two sets of armaments to switch between. When you're using the bow and an enemy comes close you use a generic set of blades, not the nice ones. You have in inventory.

I love dragon age 2!! It is just about better in every way for me. I think what makes it so great is the knowledge of the world you have after playing Origins. I simply don't want to stop playing it, and when I can't play it, I only think of the next I could be playing it. Anyways, the graphics are better, fully voiced and the combat is fixed up. The stuff they streamlined makes sense. I was worried it would be too limited with stuff like inventory and party/character development but I think it is just about right. Great game so far. I liked the first one but found my self getting really bored near the end like I couldn't wait to just finish it. I don't think that will happen with DA 2.

I also agree with the rogue comment. Why on earth would they remove that? The first one had it.....

Anyways the only other thing I can think of that bugs me even more is when I am on a mission, a battle starts, I kill everyone and I see the corpses glowing with loot. A damn cut scene starts right away and I get transported someone else and get no chance to get the loot from the guys I just killed. It happened to me a few times already. They probably didn't have much but still fun to find out. Small gripes, overall still a great game.

I'm not going to create a new thread just to b*tch so I figure I'll post here.

Ok, the more I play this game the more I want to complain about it. There are so many little things about this game that really irritate me. Ready for the wall of whining???

-The no switching weapons on the fly for rogues.

-The teleporting cutscenes (as Vector pointed out).

-The characters/companions seeming to be more lifeless than the ones from the first game. Character interaction seems to have been cut in half and isn't as funny/interesting as the original games.

-The mothereffing DAY ONE DLC. It is NOT COOL that on day one they have a downloadable companion, and the companion is already on the disc. It's an "unlock code" basically.

-How segmented and constrained the game feels. It's really ONE TOWN. That's it. Nothing else except some surrounding encounter areas.

-The lack of diversity in those surrounding areas. You go to the same places. The same caves. The same EVERYTHING. The only difference in each trip you make there is maybe a certain pathway (which you could already see on the map previously but wouldn't be able to walk there) may be opened up while the way you may have went beforehand is blocked off now. It's all the same and it's stupid.

-No camp for your party. There isn't one place you can go and walk around and talk to your companions. They have all their own little houses or areas that you have to go back to the map and "travel" to it.

-The game forcing you to finish ALL the possible quests before letting you move on. What if I don't want to help that little group of mages? What if I don't give a flying fart about some rumor that may lead to a quest? I just want to continue the damn story and it won't let me. Fetch quest after fetch quest after fetch quest and it forces you to do it.

I'm glad I only paid $30 for this game.

  • Author

Finished it as a Tank warrior and all in all I liked it. At the end I wished there was more so that is a sign of a solid game for me. Yes it has it's problems and I'd really like more variety in dungeons and such, but in the end I enjoyed it.

I'm not going to create a new thread just to b*tch so I figure I'll post here.

Ok, the more I play this game the more I want to complain about it. There are so many little things about this game that really irritate me. Ready for the wall of whining???

-The no switching weapons on the fly for rogues.

-The teleporting cutscenes (as Vector pointed out).

-The characters/companions seeming to be more lifeless than the ones from the first game. Character interaction seems to have been cut in half and isn't as funny/interesting as the original games.

-The mothereffing DAY ONE DLC. It is NOT COOL that on day one they have a downloadable companion, and the companion is already on the disc. It's an "unlock code" basically.

-How segmented and constrained the game feels. It's really ONE TOWN. That's it. Nothing else except some surrounding encounter areas.

-The lack of diversity in those surrounding areas. You go to the same places. The same caves. The same EVERYTHING. The only difference in each trip you make there is maybe a certain pathway (which you could already see on the map previously but wouldn't be able to walk there) may be opened up while the way you may have went beforehand is blocked off now. It's all the same and it's stupid.

-No camp for your party. There isn't one place you can go and walk around and talk to your companions. They have all their own little houses or areas that you have to go back to the map and "travel" to it.

-The game forcing you to finish ALL the possible quests before letting you move on. What if I don't want to help that little group of mages? What if I don't give a flying fart about some rumor that may lead to a quest? I just want to continue the damn story and it won't let me. Fetch quest after fetch quest after fetch quest and it forces you to do it.

I'm glad I only paid $30 for this game.

I still really enjoy the game so far. I am probably halfway done but I pretty much agree with everything your are saying as well. The more you play this one the more you miss some of the stuff from the first. It is the little irritating things that add up that I am surprised to see in this game. I really miss having a camp for the characters. I was thinking my house(Gamlen's House) would be a place I could talk and get to know the characters and outfit them. At least the ones in my party. It takes a few loading screens and some patience if I want to outfit my companions with gear. Traveling to their houses does suck because there is really nothing else to see there but a couple of loading screens haha.

The character backstories are not as strong as the first game but they are still pretty good compared to other RPG's I have played on the 360 and the game is fully voiced. All in all though I am enjoying the game and look forward to playing it more and completing it soon. I might play through again if I have the energy. I would of liked a cheaper price but I feel good about buying it. I got the signature edition with all the day one DLC and trimmings but I paid $60.

Considering this game only has one retarded "city" to explore I'm just going to call this game "Dragon Age: Kirkwall". That's all it is. It's an expansion, and a poor one in my opinion too. A LOT of the fun of the first game was being able to select male/female and then Human/Elf/Dwarf, and then decide if you wanted like nobility or peasant stuff. I miss all of that. It forces me to be this Hawke person (albeit male or female), but it's just too damn shallow.

son_i_am_disappoint.gif

I'm glad you're enjoying it though Vector. I think I'm going to replay the original after this to wash the taste of the crappy sequel out of my mouth though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.