Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Mobile Pc's Being Trumped By Smartphones And Tablets?

Featured Replies

Source; Cnet.com

After reading this article I have to agree with the opinions of the analysts. I've seen the smartphone and the tablet take a huge step forward as far as usability and transportability. It's much more prevalent in the ARMY now as well, with everyone in my company having a smartphone or tablet that they use for their daily operations. It used to be pen and paper they carried around. Now, whenever my platoon sergeant has some info to put out to the platoon, he pulls his iPhone out to read the notes he took during his meeting with the higher up staff. I find myself using my iPhone for many things as well, such as writing down maintenance notes or downloading the PDF file of a specific maintenance task to my phone so I have it on the go. Our pilots use the iPad or Kindle as a mobile e-reader for their manuals so they can study at all times. I am also impressed with the connectivity that newer smartphones have. It seems like everywhere I go, I have either 3(or 4)g or WiFi readily available. My new iPod touch has facetime on it. This seems like a huge step forward to me, so much so that my multimedia device also has a way for me to do mobile social networking or just stay in touch with my family. So, what are your opinions on the new era of mobile computing?

<EDIT> INB4MACFANBOY lol</EDIT>

Not exactly on topic, but what do you fly? I'm studying aerospace engineering and just curious.

  • Author

We fly in UH-60L's. If you want to study aerospace engineering then rotary is definitely the way to go. The principles of flight and dynamics of it all are quite impressive and amazing when compared to a fixed wing.

I took a seminar first semester on rotary vehicles. I got to fly this simulator and damn was it difficult haha. From an engineering standpoint, the control systems on rotary aircraft are just amazing. It's so complex yet operates like clockwork.

But I might work on the space side if NASA doesn't continue to lose funding between now and graduation.

Man, i'm so behind, my cell phone pretty much just does calls and that's about it. I can do texting and send/receive images, but I almost never do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.