February 25, 201115 yr comment_31660 Ok, so I know this is a video, but check this out. Microsoft is doing R&D work to see what they can do with their Kinect systems and facial recognition to create Avatars which look like you. Most importantly also, they want to create something which will facially animate properly and look like it's actually speaking rather than lyp-syncing.<br><br><br>Get ready to enter, if not pass directly through, the Uncanny Valley. <br><br><br><object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value=http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1 /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=801122795001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fvideo%2Findex.htm%3Fbctid%3D801122795001&playerID=102195605001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAABvaL8JE~,ufBHq_I6Fnyou4pHiM9gbgVQA16tDSWm&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value=http://admin.brightcove.com /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src=http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1 bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=801122795001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usatoday.com%2Fvideo%2Findex.htm%3Fbctid%3D801122795001&playerID=102195605001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAABvaL8JE~,ufBHq_I6Fnyou4pHiM9gbgVQA16tDSWm&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base=http://admin.brightcove.com name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object> Report
February 25, 201115 yr comment_31669 Hell no. I wouldn't want an avatar to have my face. Those things are so gay lol. They even manage to make cool things like lightsabers gay with the way they play with them. I like to have mine wear a cool outfit and a mask so I don't have to see the stupid expressions. lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.