Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

[Rumor] Activision Could Buy Take-Two

Featured Replies

Can you imagine a world where video games series like Grand Theft Auto, BioShock, Call of Duty, and World of Warcraft are all owned by the same juggernaut publisher? If the recent rumors about Activision's plans to acquire Take-Two are true, then this could happen.

"There are very strong rumors amongst people at a very senior level within the global business," an anonymous senior executive told MCV regarding the supposed deal.

"But they're not much more than that at the moment – they are just rumors," the executive continued. "And, of course, given Activision's news this week, everyone is now looking to see what their next move is. But you can definitely put two and two together and make four-ish."

Further supporting the rumor is Activision's cancellation of a nearly completed True Crime game, a series which has long been a competitor of Grand Theft Auto. Hearsay is swirling that Activision axed the game in order to foster a better market for Grand Theft Auto, should they acquire Take-Two.

Read the rest, here.

Activision is the next EA I believe.

lol I just posted this in another thread. Just had a similar thought is all. :)

There have always been strong rumors that EA would develop their own console and then 'exclusive' all the games they own including all sports brands. I think it could definitely happen in the next console generation. It would pretty much crush Xbox/PS3/etc. But it seems Activision is the only one who can stop it by buying up everything else EA couldn't get their hands on.

I think the next gen will be Activision vs EA rather than Xbox vs PS3.

Dude all the little Madden fanboys would buy it. Then they'd sigh collectively as they'd have to purchase each player's helmet for 100 EA points.

It's the future I promise.

lol I just posted this in another thread. Just had a similar thought is all. :)

Great minds think alike!

I can see EA trying to make their own console, but I don't think it would go anywhere right now. They would have to compete with the 360 and Kinect and Sony and Move. I'm not including the Wii in that one, it doesn't count, lol. I don't think they can compete with Microsoft or Sony. No way.

Yeah thats all activision needs is to whore out GTA games every year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.