January 25, 201115 yr comment_28830 Interesting to listen to, but who is Joe Rogan, and where is the recording from? A radio or talk show?Also, he kind of lost me when he started talking about how drug use affected his views.EDIT: Self JFGI script enabled:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Rogan Report
January 25, 201115 yr comment_28838 Joe Rogan is a comedian. He was also the host of Fear Factor, and is one of the commentators for UFC fights now. Report
January 25, 201115 yr Author comment_28846 Don't let his past jobs or drug use sway your opinion on what he talks about. The man is highly intelligent, and fed up with today's generation. Also, drug use can change your views. They can. I'm not advocating drug use, but don't fall into what the government/media wants you to believe. There is "dope" that makes you incredibly stupid, but there's also substances that can benefit different things. Human's have been using 'drugs' since the dawn of man. They're still used in important rituals around the world, and they're used in medicine as well. If we limit ourselves or deem it all negative, because a portion of humans abuse it... it doesn't mean that all of it is bad. If you want to say no to drugs, that's entirely fine and that person's choice. Be aware however, that the people who do choose to use them, know their experiences, and know the negatives and positives associated with them. With all that aside, go back and listen to the man with new eyes and ears. He lays down in isolation tanks, and tries to think beyond the ordinary and mundane. Listen to his talk about humans as bacteria, infecting planet Earth. One of the commenters on his youtube video was right, I believe. In the future, Rogan will be viewed as a visionary and forward thinker. I wholly believe that.Also, http://www.ozarkia.net/bill/pot/blunderof37.html Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28850 Oh I listened to, understood, and fully agree with what he's saying in the video. It was awesome. I just don't support the use of mind altering and potentially damaging, or temporarily impairing substances for recreation, other than medication, out of personal views, nothing the Government's burned into me. I'm not gonna be on a high horse about never wanting to do alcohol/drugs, I just don't see the point, and people don't seem to have common sense about not driving/etc. with the stuff in them. Lol, like you've said before, I'm already so different/eccentric "it must be nice to not have to do drugs" XD.I do agree that the mainstream public seems to not care or want to think about the nature of the universe, wrapped up in their TV dramas etc. I think we need another Renaissance. Report
January 26, 201115 yr Author comment_28853 I agree. Many do not have common sense. Kind of brings me to another point about drinking and driving, and how that drug is still legal, but Marijuana isn't. Another day, though. lol Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28913 Also, drug use can change your views. They can. I'm not advocating drug use, but don't fall into what the government/media wants you to believe. There is "dope" that makes you incredibly stupid, but there's also substances that can benefit different things. I agree PK. Rogan is one of the more forward thinking celebrities out there. I've been a fan for a long time. Him being a part of the UFC now is just a bonus. *Edit from the Wiki article:"Rogan expressed that he does not follow any organized religion because he feels it is all the work of man. Rogan also said that he is not completely opposed to the concept of a "higher power" such as a God, however views the concept of God as part of nature that exists in everything."I feel much the same way. Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_28966 He's a bit hippyish in his views but the point of life is to explore...which he obviosly has. Report
January 27, 201115 yr comment_28994 Anyone who considers what he has to say trivial is braindead. Report
January 27, 201115 yr comment_28996 I completely agree, especially here at school I have so much work and exams are so important that I'm trained more to cut corners to save time for all my subjects then read the book and understand everything. Report
January 28, 201115 yr comment_29155 Explosions in the sky are in my top 5. I don't like Rogan as a comedian and I HATED how he HAD to name fox yet cnn does the same exact thing except on the left side. But I did agree with most of the video. Report
January 28, 201115 yr comment_29187 Been meaning to link this. Here is the full huge Clementine mission photos. http://ser.sese.asu.edu/MOON/clem_color.html Report
January 28, 201115 yr Author comment_29192 ^Blurs galore!Seriously. Open those huge tiff files and go over them. The patterns of the blurs are so odd. Zig zags and triangles. Report
February 2, 201115 yr comment_29697 I don't like Rogan as a comedianI'm a fan, but I have to agree. His stand up kind of sucks. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.