January 9, 201115 yr comment_27201 Hey guys,<br><br>Well I really am excited about this new project I am doing with my friend Kevin Carville, who helped me design nearly all of the ARES sound effects, not to mention a bit on Zero Gear too (he was one of the radio host voices on the Garage radio in that game, ANYWAY). He's also written music for BiteJacker, Jables Adventure, and a lot of little indie games are better off because of him I reckon.<br> <br>So we've written a lot of incredible stuff together over the last 3 years, and I've known him since I was 4, so that's basically 20 years we've been best mates. Finally we are taking the plunge and beginning acoustic recordings to the highest standard. Of course, when you just begin this stuff, you start at the bottom, trying to find the right sounds etc, so we're getting there, but it's looking good so far! My reasoning for posting this is due to a type of Diary I am going to start up to follow the entire soundtrack from the very beginning, in its bare bones, to the end, when it sounds great.<br><br>I've made two blog posts about it so far, here they are, I'll link some pictures to draw you guys in.<br><br>Part 1: http://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?p=1479 Piano Miccing!<br> <br>Part 2: http://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?p=1496 Piano Rough Cuts.<br><br>I would appreciate any support you guys can offer, simply by following the adventure as we encounter it is enough. More than anything, I just want to share this, as it's new and exciting to me, I never let people hear the turd before it is polished, so to speak. You usually only hear the end product with me, but I think this is a really honest way of following through everything we try and do for the salvage soundtrack, and sound design, since we're doing the audio of the game as well, which is .. well it's going to be incredibly fun. I won't deny that either.<br><br>Anyway! Enough rambling from me, back to the shadows, I am watching you all I will pounce again with a brainless comment here, an unprocessed sentence word there!<br><br>Here's more pictures, and the rough cuts too. It's all in the blogs, follow our RSS feed here: http://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?feed=rss2<br> <br><object height="205" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Fplaylists%2F511495&show_comments=true&auto_play=false&show_playcount=true&show_artwork=true&color=549ee7"></param>'>http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Fplaylists%2F511495&show_comments=true&auto_play=false&show_playcount=true&show_artwork=true&color=549ee7"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="205" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Fplaylists%2F511495&show_comments=true&auto_play=false&show_playcount=true&show_artwork=true&color=549ee7" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href="http://soundcloud.com/chris-tg/sets/the-salvage-rough-audio-cuts">The Salvage: Rough Audio Cuts</a> by <a href="http://soundcloud.com/chris-tg">Chris T Geehan</a></span><br><br>Chris. Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_27202 Listening to it right now, and I love the idea. Will be very cool to follow it from the beginning thoughts in your heads to a finished product. Be sure to update us here as well when you post new bits. Report
January 9, 201115 yr Author comment_27205 Thanks! I definitely will do that mate. I want this to be a shared experience, sounds a bit goofy but I think the idea of being as close to the "action" as we are is kinda intriguing Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_27206 I have to agree with you. Also, Sound Cloud can be embedded directly into the forum if there is something particular you want to share without the need to leave the forum.<BR><BR>Example:<BR><BR><object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F8924204"></param>'>http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F8924204"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F8924204" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href="http://soundcloud.com/chris-tg/the-salvage-theme-i-draft">The Salvage: Piano Sound Testing (Theme One)</a> by <a href="http://soundcloud.com/chris-tg">Chris T Geehan</a></span> Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_27208 I knew of the diary via your RSS feed. Everyone should subscribe to it. =] http://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?feed=rss2 Report
January 10, 201115 yr Author comment_27209 Dateranoth! I am bewildered as to how you did that! I'd love to embed the entire set into the opening post then. I have tried myself but it seems to be freaking out, walk me through it would ya? Report
January 10, 201115 yr comment_27213 Wow. I am impressed my friend. Being a musician myself I always appreciate the step by step process. Fantastic works gents. I can't wait to see/hear more!!! Report
January 10, 201115 yr Author comment_27232 Thanks man! Yeah this is gonna be hella fun I think the final soundtrack will have the B sides of everything as well. Make a big fat sexy release of the entire process.Also thank you to the gamercide boys for sorting me out with my own group status for a start lol, and getting the forums running on my profile again, and adjusting my profile so I can paste in codeszzzsz..zsz..z. Christmas Cards are in the post. Report
January 23, 201115 yr Author comment_28603 http://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?p=1657New sounds! Cleaner and meaner! Report
January 23, 201115 yr comment_28604 Oooo Theme Two is really nice. They're all really good, but I'm on playback two of Theme Two. Love that eerie piano. Report
January 24, 201115 yr Author comment_28607 Oooo Theme Two is really nice. They're all really good, but I'm on playback two of Theme Two. Love that eerie piano.Glad you dig! I'm partial to Theme Three myself, getting my Blade Runner on. These are just rough drafts as usual, but tis fun fun starting to craft the sound! Next week, we record.. NON PIANO THINGS! (possibly my drum kit oh dearrry me when did I last practice).. that's bad as I start a music teacher job on wednesday. I should get out my metronome and see how bad the damage is. Report
February 6, 201115 yr Author comment_29966 Week 4 of the Sound Diaries is up!The Salvage Sound Diaries: Week 4. Desert Storms and Distant Tribeshttp://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?p=1705 Report
February 23, 201115 yr Author comment_31513 The Salvage Sound Diaries: Week 5. Million Year Old Ghostshttp://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?p=1778 Report
April 13, 201115 yr Author comment_34664 Sorry I haven't been on the forums much. I don't get a chance to be on much apart from twitter (@hyperduckchris) since i'm working on the other PC so much. But I am gonna try drop round more and not just post in topics relevant to mallards. Tis quite rude and you guys treat us very well regardless.Also, I would like to inform you that the sound diaries has a new entry. It's more of an experiment than anything and it's really up to standard IMHO, but the experiment was fun! Links here! http://hyperduck.co.uk/?p=1853That's not just why I was posting, we're taking a break from the sound diaries. Our end is moving much faster than the game end, so until the game has a programmer, we're stopping.Gonna go buzz around the forum now and chime in to the MAX. Report
April 13, 201115 yr comment_34673 It was different, but I liked the potential. The place you were able to record in was awesome, and I love the last photo. Would make a great cover. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.