Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Dlc Question

Featured Replies

It's a good question. I'm still not entirely sure, after all this time. Some DLC's will work on other accounts on my 360, and just a few won't. For instance, Saints Row 2 DLC won't show up in my son's games, but will on mine. On the other hand, other DLC's I've purchased, he's able to use without any problems.

If I remember right, if you purchased the DLC on that console, you can use it at anytime, no matter which account it is. But, if you purchased it on another console, then downloaded it again on your console, it will only work for your account, as you need to be connected to LIVE. Like if you got the RRoD and has to get a new console, you'd have to be connected to LIVE to use any of your content. I'm not positive though.

If I remember right, if you purchased the DLC on that console, you can use it at anytime, no matter which account it is. But, if you purchased it on another console, then downloaded it again on your console, it will only work for your account, as you need to be connected to LIVE. Like if you got the RRoD and has to get a new console, you'd have to be connected to LIVE to use any of your content. I'm not positive though.

Yeah, if you download it on one console than that console has the game's licence and everyone can play, but if you move the account to a different console only the account that bought the game can access the licence and play the game.

Whatever console something was downloaded on, gets full offline and online DRM for any account that uses it, and whatever account is used to purchase something, can use that content anywhere as long as that specific account is signed into LIVE.

You can exploit this by lending a friend your account or recovering theirs, and you can both get access to something only one of you purchases. For example, I usually use my account on my brother's console (account on a memory card) when I buy my XBLA games so we both get them.

Whatever console something was downloaded on, gets full offline and online DRM for any account that uses it

Except Saints Row 2. Seriously. I even re-downloaded it, thinking it was corrupted. Cannot use both paid DLC's on my son's account, using the exact same 360 it was downloaded from.

Except Saints Row 2. Seriously. I even re-downloaded it, thinking it was corrupted. Cannot use both paid DLC's on my son's account, using the exact same 360 it was downloaded from.

Yeah I'm not sure what's up with that. It always works for me with the content I've done it with, although mostly that's just XBLA games. I haven't tested it really all that much with DLC, aside from the fact that I've been able to play some Guitar Hero songs my brother got when I play on his console.

Except Saints Row 2. Seriously. I even re-downloaded it, thinking it was corrupted. Cannot use both paid DLC's on my son's account, using the exact same 360 it was downloaded from.

Did you licence transfer at anytime?

  • 2 weeks later...

DIdnt they put a limit on how many times you can do a license transfer in X amount of months? need to remember to sit down and do this for my new xbox is i can

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.