Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Astro A40 Wireless Headset System

Featured Replies

Well. I just made my after Christmas, probably getting a new job, my birthday is in a week, and don't tell the wife the total cost purchase. Brand new Astro A40 Wireless System. http://www.astrogaming.com/ Astro needs to call Tritton and thank them for selling me the worst pos ever. The AX180s. My experience with them has been so horrid that I had to have the opposite of fail and opted for a great headset ( I hope ) . I'll be honest that I think they are over priced. Well, the headset is. The mixamp is worth it. Especially the wireless one that was on sale the past month. 100 bucks for xbox 360/ ps3 surround compatibility with any standard headset is a great piece of equipment.

Anyhow, I'm pretty stoked and will tell you guys more about it when I get it.

  • Author

Well, I had originally ordered the A30s and then cancelled the order so I could upgrade to the A40s. Apparently they never canceled it like they said they would and now I have both the A30 and A40 system on it's way to my house as we speak. Doh. That's an expensive tie up. Hope they pay for return shipping.

Looks awesome! One day I will go all out for something like that.

For the price and a good intro into headsets that 720 Tritton I got is perfect. I heard really bad things about the AX180s like you say. I almost got them just cause of the price but glad I passed on them after hearing you say that.

  • Author

Yep, my own mistake for wanting something that worked with all my systems and not researching it thoroughly. I have, thanksfully, received my RMA information so I will be sending them back. Might be able to sell the pair I get back for 50 or so and put it towards my Astros. I have to emphasize the Astro Mixamp though. Even if you don't want to drop the big bucks for the headset, the mixamp is great because it allows you to use any headset with xbox and ps3. Not bad if you already have a decent PC headset laying around.

Well. I just made my after Christmas, probably getting a new job, my birthday is in a week, and don't tell the wife the total cost purchase.

I lol'd. I use the same tactics. :P

I do too lol. I keep it as vague as possible if she gets inquisitive. I try not to go crazy with spending but sometimes a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

  • Author

They're here! More later :)

EDIT:

First update. The A40s, as I've read, certainly don't have that much bass. However, with a 6dB increase through my soundcard I can get a pretty close match to my sennheiser 595s. I won't be switching to the A40s for music listening anytime soon, but it's not entirely fair compare them to HD 595s in that regard. So far I'm pleased though.

Gah, I would love one of those. My headset on xbox works fine for the surround sound and all (sound great actually), but are fugly, uncomfortable, and the mic for chat breaks and you need to replace the whole set after about 10-12 months. Thankfully the last replacement the company covered. Probably not this time. (I guess it was originally a review pair anyways, so I can't complain too much.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.