Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Moment of Silence

Featured Replies

Halo 2's multiplayer for Xbox LIVE is dead. Thanks to Halo 2, I've been a happy Xbox LIVE member since 2004. Rest in peace buddy, we had a hell of a lot of memories.

*StealthyShadows bows his head for a moment of silience

i had alot of good times playing that game, and cna say without a single doubtin my mind i wouldnt even have xbox live if it werent for halo 2

Well, I never did play this live much. I never play anything live much, but I have some good memories with Halo and Halo 2. I went out and bought my xbox just so I could play Halo with my then girl friend and now wife. Long before I had any chance. So, yes, farewell to Halo 2 multiplayer. Rest in Peace and hope for a revival on PC one day.

  • Author

When Halo 2 launched, I was 13. Damn has time gone by fast. It does bum me out a little, a piece of my childhood is gone forever.

...

^Moment of silence, for not just Halo 2, but all the great XBox Originals that can no longer be played online.

Although Halo 2 was revolutionary and laid the foundation for the way Xbox LIVE is today, and is definitely the most prominent of XBO games to lose internet connectivity.

So how soon are they going to update LIVE to allow over 100 friends? Were there any other features that XBO support was blocking that will now come out?

  • Author

Not on PC right?

It's on PC for Games for Windows. But it's nothing like it was for the console.

It's on PC for Games for Windows. But it's nothing like it was for the console.

It's still there tho'...Ya know...Kinda like using the other hand.wink.gif

yall remember when sword-sniping was still usable? go flying across the maps chasing after a banshee, good times :lol:

  • Author

It's a disgrace compared to the console version. I refuse to play it ever again on PC lol.

When Halo 2 launched, I was 13. Damn has time gone by fast. It does bum me out a little, a piece of my childhood is gone forever.

EXACTLY how I feel, came out when I was 14.

  • Author

yall remember when sword-sniping was still usable? go flying across the maps chasing after a banshee, good times laugh.gif

And butterfly flying with the rocket and sword. Fun times indeed.

It's a disgrace compared to the console version. I refuse to play it ever again on PC lol.

You finished it tho' right? lol

And butterfly flying with the rocket and sword. Fun times indeed.

I remember trying to learn all the super bounces and the countless hours of failures until I got them right. Played last night for the first time in a VERY long time minus a few occasions and I remembered all of them like yesterday.

Halo 2 was also my first XBL game....followed by Unreal Championship 2. I still remember the Team Rockets matches in Sanctuary, and the sword sprees I got in Lockout.... Good times indeed. Halo 2 will always have a spot in my heart. I especially remember when I first played the campaign using splitscreen co-op with my buddy, man that was awesome. It was the first time I did a campaign cooperatively, and it certainly will be among one of the best. I was 15 when Halo 2 came out...It's amazing when you look at how much has changed in the past 6 years...

The legacy of Halo will live on in future games, and the legendary service XBL 1.0 provided will not be forgotten. Rest in Piece XBL 1.0 and Halo 2, you will be missed but never forgotten. This video, while it's not a Halo 2 video, I think suits the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BmVdBD0Iw&feature=related

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.