Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Archiving Steam Games

Featured Replies

Well, I decided I don't want to have to download my steam games every time I want to play them, and I like to have copies stored locally anyhow. So I started the process of downloading and then backing them up. Man I wish I would have done this one at a time and sooner. So far I have 55,233.2MB downloaded and I'm not even 1/2 way done. Gonna be a long process, but worth it.

Are you going to use this method?

https://support.stea...=7418-YUBN-8129

You can store pretty much your entire Steam catalog externally, and all you'd have to do to copy games over is copy the game files into the proper folders, then delete everything but your games (the SteamApps folder) and Steam.exe and let it redownload the client (which is a fairly quick process)

To back up new games you download you can also just copy that games files in SteamApps to the external location, too.

Saved me a lot of downloading copying all my Steam games from my laptop.

  • Author

No, I'm pretty meticulous. I'm going to do a backup of every single game. That way I can install them properly one at a time if I want. I've actually started on this before and I have about 210GB of my steam games archived. I like the backup method because I can put them on dvd individually if I ever wanted to. 100,000MB downloaded now. The backup process will take a long time, but I'll start doing it as I buy them from now on. It's worth it for my peace of mind. Especially when I want to play and the steam servers are being stupid and slow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.