Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Finally, Something More Expensive Than Printer Ink!

Featured Replies

But actually, this is just me linking in some interesting article about antimatter and the insane cost of it.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/1999/prop12apr99_1/

"Right now, antimatter is the most expensive substance on Earth, about $62.5 trillion a gram ($1.75 quadrillion an ounce)."

I never knew it was that expensive.

  • Author

Yeah we can. The only thing holding us back is funding. The LHC actually just isolated a antimatter particle which I think I linked earlier. That could be a cheaper way to make it but I honestly don't know.

I had heard or read somewhere they were making anti matter particles in the Hadron Collider.

"'Fusion missions would need just micrograms to reach the Oort cloud,' the deep freeze of comets beyond the orbit of Pluto, Gerrish said. The antimatter load would cost about $60 million. Reaching the stars would require metric tons."

:blink:

you mean the antimatter that was stable for all of .... what was it? .001 seconds?

Apparently they can isolate and store it now using powerful magnetic fields. The cost is astronomical though.

Yeah we can. The only thing holding us back is funding. The LHC actually just isolated a antimatter particle which I think I linked earlier. That could be a cheaper way to make it but I honestly don't know.

And that's what I'm talking about. In my mind, it would take sooooo long to store up and create a whole GRAM considering right now we can only isolate individual particles of the stuff, let alone have the capacity to store them together to create a whole gram. :(

The technology will come eventually I'm sure, but right now we definitely can't make a gram anytime soon I don't think.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.