December 2, 201015 yr comment_24634 OK, I've been trying to get the sound from my TV to my receiver through a digital optical out cable. So far unsuccessful. The TV is a SONY Bravia KDL-52EX700 and the receiver is a Pioneer VSX-817. If anyone can help me it would be awesome. Report
December 2, 201015 yr comment_24635 Is your TV set to output the sound via the OPTICAL source in the Menu Settings? Same question for the receiver, except for INPUT? Report
December 2, 201015 yr Author comment_24636 I know the input on the receiver is good, I just can't figure out the TV. The options are all weird. I'll keep looking but the owners manual is much less than helpful and Google has yielded even less answers. Report
December 2, 201015 yr comment_24637 What are the settings it lists in the menus? I'm guessing that it is a problem with the Television trying to send the signal through the analog source and not the optical. Report
December 2, 201015 yr Author comment_24638 That's exactly what's happening. But I can't find a digital out option in the menu. The TV has the output for it though. Report
December 2, 201015 yr comment_24639 That's exactly what's happening. But I can't find a digital out option in the menu. The TV has the output for it though.Ok, but what ARE the options it's giving you? Report
December 3, 201015 yr comment_24671 Are you watching digital television through an antenna or ? I'm confused as to why you need optical out from your tv. If it's just antenna tv then you might as well use the analog rca jacks. If you're attempting to pass sound from a set top receiver or console then you are better off connecting directly from the device. Report
December 3, 201015 yr Author comment_24716 I got it figured out now, was thinking into it way too much is all. Sounds real good now that I got the rest of the set today. http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/speaker-systems/home-speaker-systems/ns-777/?mode=model http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/speaker-systems/home-speaker-systems/ns-333/?mode=model http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/speaker-systems/home-speaker-systems/ns-c444/?mode=model Report
December 3, 201015 yr comment_24719 I got it figured out now, was thinking into it way too much is all. Sounds real good now that I got the rest of the set today. http://usa.yamaha.co...777/?mode=model http://usa.yamaha.co...333/?mode=model http://usa.yamaha.co...444/?mode=modelLooks like a sweet setup! Report
December 4, 201015 yr Author comment_24768 I;m very happy about it, and even more excited about the deals I got on everything. Now I just have to get a new entertainment system to house all the crap I got now. Next thing. Blu-Ray player. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.