November 9, 201015 yr comment_23617 Well, my friend Matt and I went to pick up his preordered copy of CoD: BO @ gamestop on campus last night. He doesn't have LIVE, but that''s ok because we've always had great matches on split screen at his place (we played MW2 on Thursday nights last year split screen for a good 2-3 hours every week). However, we were both slightly disappointed at split screen for Treyarch's new game. As far as I know, there is no way to make or tweak game types. For instance, if you wanna play free-for-all, you cannot turn radar on/off, change number of kills needed to win, health, etc. Also, all of the guns are automatically unlocked in split screen. I understand why they might do that, but at the same time it kind of takes the fun out of our intense offline battles. There are countless other minor things I could probably point out but they escape my mind at the moment.One good thing, though, the visuals for the campaign are spectacular for the most part (other than maybe character models but the environment looks great). The lighting, explosio n effects, and especially depth all look extraordinary!PS: PK's post in the "odd and the cool" about campaign level designs for modern shooters rings true for CoD: BO.So, thus far I find the game to be enjoyably "meh." There are neat things they've added to the game, but they seem to be outweighed by their shortcomings.What does everyone else think? How is online play? Report
November 9, 201015 yr comment_23619 Have you played the new zombie levels yet? I've heard there are 2 + another hidden thing. Report
November 9, 201015 yr Author comment_23620 Have you played the new zombie levels yet? I've heard there are 2 + another hidden thing.I did. The first level looked really good visually. It hearkens back to CoD: WaW in Nazi Germany (I think). We didn't play very long because my friend Matt wasn't having fun with it (he never played WaW). Report
November 9, 201015 yr comment_23623 Have you played the new zombie levels yet? I've heard there are 2 + another hidden thing. If your friend ever gets LIVE, TK, you can now play split screen online. Report
November 9, 201015 yr comment_23628 Been seeing many errors on Twitter today, for Black Ops.Here's one of them (campaign mode)http://twitpic.com/35eju6Here's one from Domination (multi)http://yfrog.com/g16yemjPC is also having terrible lag issues.http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/09/no-youre-not-the-only-one-having-black-ops-issues/Which is strange, since I was witnessing the same thing on live stream, of a friend playing on 360. Report
November 9, 201015 yr comment_23629 Can nobody get a game out that works relatively good on release anymore? Well, at least I'm not going to get it until xmas, hopefully everything is all good by then. Report
November 9, 201015 yr comment_23630 At least I can join an online game... oh wait.... glad i dropped 60 dollars on it Report
November 9, 201015 yr comment_23638 Considering a lot of the game is just copied code and **** from MW2 they really should have no excuse for it not being polished. It's not like they re-invented the wheel for this. Report
November 9, 201015 yr comment_23640 Two exploits already, that gaming sites are reporting on. Infinite care packages and clipping into vehicles (being able to fire out, but take no bullet damage).Treyarch wants its fans to clip movies of people using it with theater. Is theater even working yet? Report
November 9, 201015 yr comment_23641 I heard you can play Zork on that computer you use to get Dead Ops arcade, lol. Report
November 10, 201015 yr comment_23646 I heard you can play Zork on that computer you use to get Dead Ops arcade, lol.from what i heard you are correct ,sir. Report
November 10, 201015 yr comment_23675 At least when I play online my games render and I don't have to go to the store to exchange it for a new copy... oh wait... **** you treyarch Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_23706 Hit Detection needs workLeaderboards are messed upParty system needs a fixGreat game overall! Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_23716 I am about to cave and go buy black ops, I cant walk around outside for 5 minutes without hearing someone say something about Black Ops, its ridiculous, So anyone kind enough to tell me all the bad things about black ops so I dont cave-in and get it? Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_23721 I am about to cave and go buy black ops, I cant walk around outside for 5 minutes without hearing someone say something about Black Ops, its ridiculous, So anyone kind enough to tell me all the bad things about black ops so I dont cave-in and get it?It's exactly the same turd as Call of Duty 1, 2, Modern Warfare, World at War, and Modern Warfare 2, just slightly more polished? Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_23723 Two exploits already, that gaming sites are reporting on. Infinite care packages and clipping into vehicles (being able to fire out, but take no bullet damage).Treyarch wants its fans to clip movies of people using it with theater. Is theater even working yet?Yes Report
November 11, 201015 yr comment_23732 I think the graphics are way better on MW2, but it's not gonna stop me from playing Black Ops. I also like the fact that killstreak rewards do not count toward your next reward. The maps are very simple to get used to, but I like the variety in terrain. The currency system and contracts keep me playing! I'm addicted to getting points! Ugh. Theater mode is pretty cool since it offers many options for you to play with and Combat Training is impressive. Anyone want to play? Let me know! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.