Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Whatever Happened To Quality Control?

Featured Replies

It seems like every new game I've played recently has had several game breaking bugs that happen to enough people that they should clearly have been caught during testing. These games for me include Super Meat Boy (can sometimes get duplicate bandages, resulting in the game no longer saving until you reload, which could make you lose entire chapters. Not that bad of a bug if you know to make sure the autosave logo is still popping up, though), Fallout New Vegas (I haven't even tried it yet from all of the horrible bugs I've heard of) and Fable 3 (Jasper the butler no longer talks, which takes away about 40% of the humor and prevents me from hearing any important information during main quests aside from other characters I meet. And now all of my stats have reset. Fortunately not achievement progress or "levels", but all of the statistics like kills. It does look like they come back with a console restart, but the Jasper glitch is still very bad.)

I know it's not anything all that new for new games to have bugs and need patches before they are fully "playable", but it seems to be getting worse. What about players who can't connect to the internet to get the updates that fix these glaring issues? The release ASAP, patch later mindset has to go, developers need to make sure their products are good and not in need of patching before they are released, not a month later. I'd rather wait one more month for my game, than get it and find out that I can't play it for a month anyways, at least without it being a glitchy mess.

End rant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.