Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Art Academy - Nintendo Ds

Featured Replies

So I stumbled across this awesome downloadable program on Nintendo's downloadable DSWare service. It's a beautiful little thing called "Art Academy". Currently there are two downloable titles, First Semester and Second Semester.

I downloaded the First Semester and gave it a go. It REALLY imitates drawing in a very lifelike fashion and allows you to select multiple kinds of pencils (hard/medium/soft), as well as a wonderful watercolor painting utility to switch to after you're done with the pencil work where you can adjust the amount of paint and water to use to make some amazing effects.

The "game" basically teaches you how to draw and paint, starting with very simple pencil and shading techniques and progressing further to advanced uses.

It starts you out learning the pencils and teaches you how to draw a circle, then it has you add a stem and some shading and turn it into an apple. I messed around a little more and added a little tree trunk and some grass just because;

appleq.jpg

The next lesson shows you the paints and has you tool around with brushstrokes. It has you make a basic looking sunset, but I ended up clearing it out and making a wave crashing into a ship

wavez.jpg

Some other lessons have you drawing trees and a pear

treeql.jpg

pearn.jpg

In addition to the lessons, there is a cool Free Paint mode where you can use all the tools and draw whatever you want.

Check this out, I was doodling around on it yesterday and drew Naruto for my wife (well, a more grownup version of Naruto, which AudaciousKevin says looks more like Naruto's dad anyways. LoL)

narutoclose.jpg

  • Author

Here's another one I just did this afternoon during downtime at work. It's Piccolo from DBZ (yes, I like DBZ as you can tell. LoL)

piccolot.jpg

The shading on the left eye was bothering me, I fixed it, but for some reason when I upload it it's sideways. LoL

piccolo.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.