Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Help With Wireless Router?

Featured Replies

So today when I got back from school my internet wasn't working. My desktop said it was connected to the network but not the internet. I tried powercycling the modem/router, running Windows troubleshooting, rebooting both PCs, and using the Shaw (My ISP) support download. None of them worked. So when I got back from work it still wasn't working and I decided to phone Shaw support. I sat on hold for nearly two hours before someone came on, told me to plug the modem directly into the computer, and once she verified I had internet access told me it was not Shaw's problem and I need to phone Lynksis (who makes my router).

So I phone Lynksis, get connected to a person as soon as I select the option for Wireless Router Support. Very promising. Get a guy who tells me to hold for a couple minutes while he checks the stats... Ten minutes later he says something along the lines of "The router isn't defective or anything, but you are out of warranty. So with that goes the tech support. It cost 29.99 for 24 hours of tech support, or 39.99 for 6 months."

Well I'm not about to pay that. What the hell happened to a company standing behind its products?

If anyone could help me fix this I would really appreciate it, I'm about ready to fly down to Lynksis headquarters and burn it down.

JB, which linksys router is this? And you using WEP or WPA? Any Passphrases?

Have you logged into the router and looked to see if any of the settings have changed?

Are you on a Static IP from your ISP or is it Dynamically From ISP?

Info JB give us more info. :P

There are a few things you can try:

1- Reset (look on the back of the router for the reset button) the router to factory settings and input your wireless settings again.

2- Check the cables coming from the modem to the router and make sure that they are not loose.

Also, how long has it been since you purchased it? It's been my experience that they give out after 2-3 years.

  • Author

I just had to fork over the 30 bucks in the end, thanks for trying to help though guys.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.