Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

F.E.A.R. 3

Featured Replies

So, today, I managed to catch a glimpse of a F.E.A.R. article and to my surprise (sarcasm) I found out that it was an announcement that F.E.A.R. 3 is due out THIS fall. I wondered why it would be coming out so soon, and was directed to this article. While Day 1 Studios (Developers of Fracture) is handling the project and NOT Monolith (Developers of F.E.A.R. 1 and 2), they have enlisted the assistance of John Carpenter and Steven Niles. Consider me intrigued. Here's a link to the teaser trailer.

There's no way, I thought, that they could revive this IP and make it as great as the first. This looks like it has a shot!

  • Author

As a long-time fan of the franchise, I am very excited (and scared) at the potential this game has. The only problem I have right now is that Day 1 is handling it, and they don't exactly have a good pedigree of games to their name. To their credit, they have hired some interesting help, and while not bad, the expansions weren't exactly award-winning. If they build a new graphics engine, truly make an attempt at the scare factor of the game, then they may indeed have a winner. Time will tell I suppose.

  • Author

Yes sir Mr.PK! "Divergent Co-op" was confirmed. The game stars the original's main character "Point Man" as well as the original's main villain, his brother, Paxton Fettel. The only difference this time is, they are working TOGETHER, for what purpose, that is unknown. So it seems as though the first player will presumably be Point Man while the other is Paxton Fettel. Unfortunately though, the Point Man appears to have a face now. I say it's unfortunate because it was cool to make him a mysterious character that we didn't know much about. I'm still very curious about the plot, since the ending of both games left a lot of questions unanswered.

I'd read the Game Informer article myself, and decided I had to play this as soon as it comes out. They're doing some interesting things with the game, especially with that Left4Dead-esque AI director instead of random spawns. I'm not sure what to think about the absence of a second AI character if you play it single-player, though. I hope they even out how they want it to run, or at least bring the single mode up to the standards of the co-op.

I liked the first one a lot and I even liked the expansions to, but I tried the demo for the second and just didn't care for it at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.