Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

The Experiment

Featured Replies

the_experiment_poster.jpg

The Experiment

Stars Adrien Brody, Forrest Whitaker, and Clifton Collins Jr. It takes place in a experimental prison setting. For some strange reason some of the movie posters say the movie keeps you guessing, and honestly I have no idea why that is a tag line. There is no guessing involved, no plot twist, it's just a straight forward movie about a group of people playing the roles of prisoners and guards. Just basically a thriller, no real mystery involved.

Travis ( Adrian Brody) loses his job. He needs a way to make a large some of money so he can go on a trip to India with his girlfriend. He finds an ad in the local newspaper for test subjects, and he meets the rest of the guys at the main offices of the corporation that is going to be running the experiment. They will be shipped to a facility in the middle of no where and act out roles of prisoners and guards. Anyways long story short Travis and Barris ( Forrest Whitaker) chum it up become buddies. They get bused over to the facility, and Travis is placed as a prisoner and Barris as a guard. It's fun and games but gets serious real quick. Barris gets a big head and takes charge, and gets a boner. No lie he really does get a boner in the movie. Travis rebels against guards for the way they treat the prisoners and how seriously they are taking the experiment. Prisoners get punished, prisoners fight back that's the movie.

Acting was decent from all around. Forrest did his crazy eye thing he always does and of course Clifton Collins Jr. was a bad ***. Some of the other no name actors were kind of weak but I didn't really pay much attention to them.

The movie is actually a remake from a German film, so that usually doesn't help movie ratings when it's a remake. I really don't care if it's a remake and I enjoyed the entire movie. I've heard complaints that it was to slow, but honestly the movie is only 96 minutes long, and pretty much moves at a good pace the entire film. IMDB gave the movie a 6.3 but I'd say 7.5. Honestly I enjoyed the movie a lot, but I also enjoy prison movies, and no not because of the shower scenes. If you don't like prison movies I wouldn't really recomend it, because that is basically what it turns out to be. It's on DVD now, or you can watch it online for good quality which is what I did. It is a pretty good thriller though, so if you want something to watch then I would recomend it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.