Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Mass Effect 2 - Lair Of The Shadow Broker Dlc

Featured Replies

AMAZING!

This was probably the best DLC I have ever bought. I can't wait to play through it again on my other characters. I just don't see how any Mass Effect fan could miss this especially if you plan on playing ME 3. The best of the ME 2 DLC for sure. I gotta say the Mass Effect series is one of the best! Hope ME 3 can bring it all home! It was not super long, maybe around 3hrs at most, you could rush through it faster for sure, but was very fun.

I would like to see ME 3 be a perfect combination between 1 and 2 gameplay wise. I miss some of the character building, equipment, talent point planning from 1 but the gun play and action from 2 is soo much better.

I guess you could say I love all the Mass Effect stuff as much as PK loves Borderlands hahasmile.gif

Planet scanning = Fail

Sure, they sped it up with a title update, but I played and beat the game BEFORE that and it was mind-numbing. I also miss the Mako. And the skills. And in inventory. I just felt that ME2 was "ME Lite". *shrugs*

Still a good game though. I may check out the DLC.

Planet scanning = Fail

Sure, they sped it up with a title update, but I played and beat the game BEFORE that and it was mind-numbing. I also miss the Mako. And the skills. And in inventory. I just felt that ME2 was "ME Lite". *shrugs*

Still a good game though. I may check out the DLC.

Yeah, that's kind of how I felt about the game. It was still really cool in terms of gameplay and story, but it felt like an arcady, trimmed down version of the original.

I'm probably not getting any of the Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age DLCs (besides the first couple DA DLC's I got, for storage). Seems like Bioware keeps pumping out DLCs that don't add much to the game besides maybe a somewhat interesting story that you can beat in 2 or 3 hours. I blame EA.

  • Author

Planet scanning = Fail

Sure, they sped it up with a title update, but I played and beat the game BEFORE that and it was mind-numbing. I also miss the Mako. And the skills. And in inventory. I just felt that ME2 was "ME Lite". *shrugs*

Still a good game though. I may check out the DLC.

Not defending ME 2 but here are my thoughts.

I totally agree with the skill points thing. I miss this the most from ME1. Although I do appreciate the fact you can evolve a power in ME2 forcing me to make a decision on how the power performs was a good idea.

I agree with the scanning. I found myself not wanting to do it too much and like you I played through the game before these updates. Playing through with the updates makes it more tolerable haha. I think if they want to keep the scanning that is fine but it should not of replaced the Mako completely. Maybe a mixture.

That said having played through ME1 again very recently I gotta say I thought I missed the Mako until I had to drive it again lol. Driving the Mako over the terrain in that game was painful. It defiantly needed work but again scanning was not the answer.

While I miss some sort of inventory system the inventory from ME 1 was painful as well. Spending significant time after every couple of missions to clean it out was killing me lol. For example, replacing my Stiletto II with Stiletto III Pistol..... Uggggg. Another thing was the armor implants like Exoskeleton IV. I never really felt like they did anything. Again, it needed work, too bad they replaced it all together. Maybe ME3 will have something in-between, they need something for sure.

Like I said hopefully ME3 is a cross between the two games to make the perfect game!

  • Author

Yeah, that's kind of how I felt about the game. It was still really cool in terms of gameplay and story, but it felt like an arcady, trimmed down version of the original.

I'm probably not getting any of the Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age DLCs (besides the first couple DA DLC's I got, for storage). Seems like Bioware keeps pumping out DLCs that don't add much to the game besides maybe a somewhat interesting story that you can beat in 2 or 3 hours. I blame EA.

About all the DLC. I do feel that some of this stuff was held back so they can make $80+ for a full copy of ME 2 lol which sucks for us. Like Kasumi DLC. Was fun but she should of been in the original game and she needs more dialogue. I liked her but was hoping for more. It's gotta be EA.

To me the Shadow Broker felt like something that might come up after ME2's main mission so it seemed like it flowed better. Mass Effect 2 is one of the few games I have bought DLC for and I have for the most part felt good about having it. I like Dragon Age too but have bought no DLC for it and probably won't

Maybe im late. Read earlier that it was corrupted and they had to pull it. ah well. I might get it soon then!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.