August 21, 201016 yr comment_16919 Faliszek revealed a new downloadable content pack, dubbed "The Sacrifice," is coming to both the original Left 4 Dead and its sequel, Left 4 Dead 2. A precursor to the previous DLC "The Passing," the upcoming pack will tell the story of how the original Left 4 Dead team lost one of its team members to the zombie outbreak. Since Valve was already busy bringing the original team to Left 4 Dead 2 in order to tell the story in "Sacrifice," Faliszek said the team decided to bring a fan favorite campaign from the original game into its sequel. "No Mercy" will be included in the upcoming DLC for Left 4 Dead 2 players, adding the sequel's game mechanics to the popular original campaign. Players will now be able to choose any character from the Left 4 Dead series in the sequel's multiple campaigns....The downloadable content will be available on the PC for free and will be added to the upcoming Mac version of the game. Xbox 360 owners will have to fork over an unknown amount of Microsoft Space Dollars to get the content. No firm release date was mentioned in the feature.Full Article here:http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65259 Report
August 21, 201016 yr comment_16920 I'm interested in it, and it will probably get me back into Left 4 Dead 2 again, but damn Microsoft for charging for it when Valve releases it for free. I know it's supposedly because of the server hosting cost, but if that were really the only reason M$ were charging for it, it would be 400 M$ points or less. It will probably be 560 like all the others. Report
August 21, 201016 yr Author comment_16921 I'm interested in it, and it will probably get me back into Left 4 Dead 2 again, but damn Microsoft for charging for it when Valve releases it for free. I know it's supposedly because of the server hosting cost, but if that were really the only reason M$ were charging for it, it would be 400 M$ points or less. It will probably be 560 like all the others.Yep, and server hosting is probably BS as well. Since I wouldn't doubt Valve having the available server bandwidth to host it themselves. Of course, M$ probably wouldn't allow it. Pretty ****** now matter how you look at it. Report
August 21, 201016 yr comment_16924 Yep, and server hosting is probably BS as well. Since I wouldn't doubt Valve having the available server bandwidth to host it themselves. Of course, M$ probably wouldn't allow it. Pretty ****** now matter how you look at it.I see you've recently started Dead Space, btw. That game is amazing, any plans on streaming it? Report
August 21, 201016 yr Author comment_16926 I see you've recently started Dead Space, btw. That game is amazing, any plans on streaming it?yeah. I started streaming it one night, and I haven't gotten back to it yet. I can only play in spurts because I get too involved. lol. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.