July 31, 201016 yr comment_15250 We took our first scenenic drive last Sunday. We drove out the Oregon Scenenic Byway. There are several waterfalls, and it runs along the columbia river some of the way. I loaded them to my facebook, so I'm gonna just post a link to that and hope it works... Link.We are still loving Oregon. Shane really likes his new job too. We are pretty sure he will make more money here than his last. Right now he's still on training pay. But by the looks of the loads he's doing now, he should be able to pull in 5-6 a day, at $50 a load. Right now they are pulling in 3-6, but the thing is they are pulling illegal right now (meaning they are loading more fuel than legal.). When he starts on his own is is pulling legally, he will get alot more loads, which means more money. Report
July 31, 201016 yr comment_15252 Nice. Glad you're enjoying it. I really loved Oregon when I went up for my cousin's wedding. You should plan a trip to Multnomah Falls sometime. It's really gorgeous. Report
August 3, 201016 yr comment_15335 rose you should totally post the pics here because the lack of a fb account is stopping me from viewing them Report
August 6, 201016 yr Author comment_15661 rose you should totally post the pics here because the lack of a fb account is stopping me from viewing themI am really feeling like there is no point Stealthy. It seems like everybody couldn't care less. Honestly after my last post I considered not even coming back at all. 40 something views, and 4 posts, and 1 of them was mine. And its not just this post... Doesn't make a person feel very wanted around a place, and makes them not even want to try anymore. Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_15666 Rose, I hate to bring this up, but I think it needs to be said. If we didn't care about you, we wouldn't have helped raise money for you when you needed it. We did that because we love you and wanted to help. That's one of the things caring friends do for one another. Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_15684 I just saw this thread right now! My posting habits have been a little sporadic, so I know I've missed a few threads. Report
August 7, 201016 yr Author comment_15749 Rose, I hate to bring this up, but I think it needs to be said. If we didn't care about you, we wouldn't have helped raise money for you when you needed it. We did that because we love you and wanted to help. That's one of the things caring friends do for one another.I don't mind that you brought it up PK. I will never forget what you all did for me and my family. That showed me that you all were more than just randoms on an internet website, you were/are truly my friends, and I love you all.I just not feeling particularly liked right now for some reason. As you all know the last few years have been hell for me, I have been through alot of ****. Some of it some of you know about, alot of it you don't. I didn't wanna post, I was unhappy with my life, and I didn't want to talk to anyone, so I just stayed away for awhile. Life is looking up for me. I was so excited to share this move with you all. I finally had something truly awesome to share and post about, and was looking forward to the banter about it all. But one post after another my heart started to sink. Until that last post I made, I wasn't even going to say anything, I was just going to bow out. But I love you guys and I don't want to just walk away from you all. You are my family! Report
August 7, 201016 yr Author comment_15752 nobody replies to hardly anything anymore.Maybe so, but I took it to heart. I just remember the old days of ATC I guess.... Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_15758 I could banter about cousin's Hawaiian-themed wedding in Oregon. That was an interesting combo, considering the way the weather is there...not exactly tropical.How is your husband liking the job? Report
August 7, 201016 yr Author comment_15761 considering the way the weather is there...not exactly tropical.How is your husband liking the job?We like to say the weather is sorta coast like. Right now anyways. Its usually (not always) overcast in the mornings, and then clears out to a gorgeous sunny day. I actually can't wait for winter. They say it doesn't snow a whole lot where we are, but there is some light dusting sometimes. I can't wait to wake up to see snow on the ground, and see it snow. I just wouldn't wanna live somewhere where it snows heavily, like snowed-in like lol. I think we've heard that there are freeze overs more than straight snow. When that happens the entire area closes down! lol. Which won't affect Shanes job, if it is a regular work day, he still gets paid his daily minimum. Sweet huh??Shane is loving the job! He says its much easier than delivering to all the farms he used to. Its a pretty straight shot to the rack where he fills, and then he just goes back and forth between there and the truckstop. He just had his test drive on wednesday with his boss. And yesterday was his first day out on his own. He found out that his minimum pay for the first 90 is $200 a day. Meaning that if they have a slow day, and he only takes in one load, which can happen, he will still get $200 for that day. He gets paid by the load otherwise, which is $44 a load. So say he does 5 loads in a day, he gets $220 that day. In a case where he only does 4 loads, under the pay by load, it would only be $176, in which case he would still get his $200. After the 90 days, his minimum will go down to the normal $165 a day. And like I said before, if we have a freeze and the town shuts down, he still gets his $200 if it was a scheduled day. Right now he is the only driver at this truckstop. But they will be hiring another one for the night shift, and his off days. So right now he is set up at 6 days a week. But its great for right now, because we will be able to get all caught up, and get some money saved. We are hopeful that soon we will be lined up to buy our own home. But we would buy across the river in WA, the housing taxes are I guess outrageous here. Theres no sales tax, so they get it from homeowners. So we'll just buy in WA and drive acroos the bridge for shopping and his work.We are totally happy about the move, and the job. The kids are really happy too. I was worried they would ***** and moan, but they haven't one bit!! If anyone would (I know you suggested it Stealthy) like to see those waterfalls pics and can't because of facebook, I guess I could post a couple. Its just alot of work cuz I can't just post 'em from my computer, gotta put them on slow *** photobook first. But I could put a few of the best ones up I guess. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.