July 22, 201016 yr comment_14370 From 1UpIf you're in the habit of shooting other players in Red Dead Redemption's Free Roam mode, you might want to watch out. The law may soon be coming to get you.Rockstar has announced plans to release an update designed to punish all manner of cheaters and griefers in the game's online mode.Any player caught cheating "beyond a shadow of a doubt" will be banned for a period of Rockstar's discretion. There will also be anti-griefing features that will allow any player is being repeatedly killed in Free Roam to teleport to another area.If the griefer builds up a six kill streak in Free Roam, they will become "Most Wanted" and an NPC posse will be sent out against them."Expect that we'll continue to monitor the lay of the land and fight the good fight via future title updates to make sure everyone's multiplayer experience is as fair and as fun as can be," Rockstar wrote in their post.The title update will be arriving on Xbox Live and PSN within the next month.I don't like it. What's to stop a griefer from attacking a posse, and letting them kill him 6 times? Won't hurt him. He'll be able to transport safely away. Meanwhile, that posse who was doing a hideout, now has the Marshals after them.This will be abused, I think. Wish they went in a different direction with this. We have been griefed before, and taught them a lesson by killing them over and over, after they shot us in the back at hideouts. Report
July 22, 201016 yr Author comment_14371 Additionally, if someone is being griefed over and over in public free roam, they can always choose a new free roam with different players, or even a private one with friends. They may not be able to get certain achievements in private, but when they get enough friends, they can return to public free roam.So why even add in the transport option? With a few button presses, they can leave that situation anyways. Going to a new location in the same game, won't stop a griefer. They can transport to them from the nearest town, and they will.Think, Rockstar. Think. Report
July 22, 201016 yr comment_14388 Like I said to you when this was first rumored, welcome to the world of a developer without a lot of ranked multiplayer experience managing exactly that. Report
July 22, 201016 yr comment_14392 I lasted about 20 minutes in Free-roam. It's not worth it but at least they are attempting to fix the issue. Report
July 22, 201016 yr comment_14398 Hmm. I see what you're saying there PK and I think I agree. This isn't the best way to deal with the problem. Im not sure if its a problem that can be "fixed" by anything other than leaving and finding another game. People are always going to find ways to be idiots. Report
July 22, 201016 yr Author comment_14403 Yessir, Title. You nailed it.I've been on both sides of griefing. When I was picked on, I didn't stick around. I wasn't going to boost anyone's ego, sticking around and letting them kill me. In fact, when I load up public free roam and see a large posse, I immediately leave and find a more neutral free roam. It's not effing difficult. It's not even in the manual, but my dumb ass figured it out.Your game became un-fun because of some jackasses; DO NOT STICK AROUND. It's not difficult to understand. Regardless of what preventive measures they place in, there's always going to be asswipes. Better you figure it out for yourself, than rely on xbox or a dev to do your thinking/protecting for you. Report
July 22, 201016 yr comment_14415 Sounds like a load of crap to me. More like griefer protection to me. Report
July 22, 201016 yr comment_14419 What I want to know is what exactly constitutes "cheating"? Is griefing REALLY cheating? I mean jesus Rockstar, THIS IS THE WILD WEST! If I want to be an Outlaw and ride around shooting every goddamned person I see then by god I'm going to do it. What are you going to do? Ban me "for a period of Rockstar's discretion"? I'm with you PK. This is lame as hell. Report
July 22, 201016 yr comment_14420 And you're right. If someone doesn't like getting killed by real people then they can A) Leave the game or Set up their own private match.It'd be like if Infinity Ward starting banning people for using the noob tube just because it pissed other people off. FIND A DIFFERENT ROOM YOU IDIOTS. Report
July 22, 201016 yr Author comment_14422 All you have to do, is complain to Rockstar and they'll change the game to suit you.People complained about all the level 5 legends. Rockstar nerfed the XP.People complained about all the casual aimers in public free roam. Rockstar made an expert only free roam.I want to have a bear as a mount, Rockstar. Hop to it! Report
July 22, 201016 yr comment_14423 So really, does this mean you'll get BANNED for killing people repeatedly in Free Roam? I really want to know. Report
July 23, 201016 yr comment_14566 What I want to know is what exactly constitutes "cheating"? Is griefing REALLY cheating? I mean jesus Rockstar, THIS IS THE WILD WEST! If I want to be an Outlaw and ride around shooting every goddamned person I see then by god I'm going to do it. What are you going to do? Ban me "for a period of Rockstar's discretion"? I'm with you PK. This is lame as hell.Damn straight, it's the old west, the only thing missing in free roam is the ability to take some of the jackasses, lasso them, and drag their body and soon to be corpse around town. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.