August 8, 201610 yr comment_90047 So, the latest update to Windows 10 "Anniversary Update" or some such forces Cortana to stay on and disables the classic search. You can turn off all the predictive learning, etc, but if you search the web through Cortana you are still forced to a Bing search via Edge. Some awsome person made an easy work around. Simply follow the install instructions and the search links will open in your default browser using your selected search engine. https://github.com/charlesmilette/SearchWithMyBrowser This site has a bit clearer instructions than the GitHub: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/force-cortana-use-chrome-google-windows-10/ Report
August 8, 201610 yr comment_90048 I literally just force uninstalled Cortana and installed Classic Shell. My CPU usage has gone way down since I did both. Report
August 8, 201610 yr Author comment_90049 Probably he stupid indexing she does. I don't mind it now that Inhave everything turned off and it's using Firefox and Google. Basically just a search that also searches the Internet. Report
August 9, 201610 yr comment_90058 I talk sweetly to her late at night and she tells me of howlonely she is Report
August 9, 201610 yr comment_90059 She's not lonely. She and her partner program are always busy in the background, indexing searches and eating up all of your CPU. Report
August 10, 201610 yr Author comment_90060 Always on the inside looking out. She would be lonely. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.