May 28, 201610 yr comment_89520 I know the game is over a year old now, but it's still way worth $25. If you haven't played it yet you should pick it up. I had so much fun with this game, and there is still one more 30+ hour expansion on the way. It's easily in my top 3 games of all time. http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/ Report
May 29, 201610 yr Author comment_89522 Same Price at Gog.com https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt or you can get the base game plus all the expansions for $50. Not too bad for 100s of hours in the main game and 50+ more in the expansion. https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_expansion_pass Last Witcher DLC releases at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm sad it's the last Witcher game we'll get to play. Report
May 30, 201610 yr comment_89527 More than worth it with this deal. In fact, it's one of the few games I'd actually say is worth the launch $50-60 price tag. I agree, this is absolutely one of my favorite games of all time. So good, in almost every respect. Story, gameplay, graphics/art, music, voice acting. Everything is absolutely gorgeous and topnotch, from what started as a relatively small developer, no less. In the near future I want to try to pick up the original Witcher novels as well. Report
May 31, 201610 yr Author comment_89531 I've been wanting to read the novels as well, but I'm not sure if they are all translated. Report
May 31, 201610 yr comment_89534 1 hour ago, Dateranoth said: I've been wanting to read the novels as well, but I'm not sure if they are all translated. Looks like all of the major novels in the series aside from Lady of the Lake have been translated so far, and even that one will be out in 2017. I'm excited to read them. Looks like there are a couple side novels that haven't been translated yet as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher#Books I remember when The Witcher 2 came out and I was interested in the stories only a couple had been translated. The series' very well-deserved popularity now must have catalyzed more translations. EDIT: Done, I just ordered the first book, The Last Wish. I'm sure I'll end up getting the rest, but I'll just start with this one. Report
May 31, 201610 yr comment_89535 Elric saga could sate your appetite -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elric_of_Melniboné Report
May 31, 201610 yr comment_89547 So far, it's every bit as good as the original game and even prettier. Roaming the Toussaint countryside is like moving through a painting. This expansion is great so far. Report
May 31, 201610 yr Author comment_89548 Have to agree. I was only able to play a few hours, but I'm loving it. Sure started out awesome. I finished the first main quest string and visited my house. Love the look as well. I was also looking for the novels around Witcher 2 time. I'm glad to hear they've mostly been translated. They will certainly be on my list. @PeeKnuckle I believe I read one of those a long time ago. I actually might have some in E-book form. Need to check. Haven't been reading much the last couple of years. Report
June 4, 201610 yr comment_89577 I finished Blood and Wine earlier today. Holy hell that was good. The main plot gets intense with some badass fights with *spoilers*. And there's an entire fun, missable section where you see some references to old fables in *also spoiler*. After the ending, I just felt that I had experienced a really good story, every bit as good as the main game, except perhaps for the exclusion of Ciri in it. Report
June 10, 201610 yr Author comment_89601 I went in full swing, but then I got busy of course. Still standing at my house. Hoping to get some time in this weekend. Report
June 25, 201610 yr Author comment_89730 Finally finished the expansion. I have a few gwent games to play and some bandits to clear out, but I have finished the rest of the quests. I have to say, this was a perfect farewell to The Witcher series. It's officially my favorite game of all time. So well done, I hope someone else can come in and create another RPG that even comes close. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.